Taxed to death

douglasr

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit my zed was registered in April 2006 :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Mine is up at the end of this month, I renewed it yesterday for 6 months for £115 which means in 6 months its gonna be £400 for 12 months :angry:

**** it, might just sell before then...................

Think Ill save this post, knowig yours is in the G band and mine is in the F band is a point to consider should I ever want a yellow coupe... hmmm ;)

You will be ok with mine though i am in the F band. :thumbs:;)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wait guys.... another couple of years and the flavour of the month will not be CO2 pollution but noise pollution.... then all you with aftermarket exhausts and pop chargers will have to pay even more tax and those with the BOSE system an extra surcharge on top of that.

Then it will be colour pollution... so watch out all you UYs!

Then it will be light pollution so those with Xenon headlights pay more and every time you turn on the lights £10 is deducted from your bank account...

Then to save water you will be taxed every time you use the windscreen washer... and god help you if you clean your lights..

:rant::rant::rant:

You wait guys.... another couple of years and the flavour of the month will not be CO2 pollution but noise pollution.... then all you with aftermarket exhausts and pop chargers will have to pay even more tax and those with the BOSE system an extra surcharge on top of that.

Then it will be colour pollution... so watch out all you UYs!

Then it will be light pollution so those with Xenon headlights pay more and every time you turn on the lights £10 is deducted from your bank account...

Then to save water you will be taxed every time you use the windscreen washer... and god help you if you clean your lights..

:rant::rant::rant:

This country sucks, Im moving, sod it lets all move :thumbs:

How about my situation then? I have an 04 JDM import that was registered 2 weeks ago so do I get lumped in the higher band?

>>>> edit: just realised as a newbie plonker that I posted this after only reading the 1st page of discussion; I don't have an answer to my question but it's already bin asked. I'm sure given the way this government operates that I'll be in band G and then the CSA (or whatver they are now) will interpret it as a lifestyle change and make me pay more to the ex-witch..........not bitter, not twisted, just 40 today and having a crisis!! <<<< :rant::rant::rant:

How about my situation then? I have an 04 JDM import that was registered 2 weeks ago so do I get lumped in the higher band?

>>>> edit: just realised as a newbie plonker that I posted this after only reading the 1st page of discussion; I don't have an answer to my question but it's already bin asked. I'm sure given the way this government operates that I'll be in band G and then the CSA (or whatver they are now) will interpret it as a lifestyle change and make me pay more to the ex-witch..........not bitter, not twisted, just 40 today and having a crisis!! <<<< :rant::rant::rant:

Happy Birthday Grand dad just kidding lol, If it gets you down move to Canada with me a Stuey, not together ahem :blush:

If it gets you down move to Canada with ME AND Stuey, not together ahem :blush:

Are you sure?

Labour are not going to get my vote next time around! :rant:

Are you admiting that you helped to vote these clowns in?? ;)

Glen

Now I did not say that I voted for them last time..................the implication may have been there, but I can honestly say I did not. :D

lets all go to canada :yahoo:

I went to Canada last November with similar views. After seeing Vancouver and the drunks that were there constantly badgering you for money, maybe good old blighty does not 'suck' so much after all. ;)

Mm, worrying - mine's not even here yet! Wonder how to find out?

don't they have to provide a UK number plate that reflects the year of manufacture/sale?

therefore an 04 should get a xx 04 xxx number plate, surely... :dry:

hmm, well my log book says date of first registration 03.. all good, date of reg in UK 10/06. But the 1yrs tax last october was £210, not the £190 you guys sound like you have paid??

I guess ill just have to wait for that renewal to drop through the door and hold my breath!

don't they have to provide a UK number plate that reflects the year of manufacture/sale?

therefore an 04 should get a xx 04 xxx number plate, surely... :dry:

hmm, well my log book says date of first registration 03.. all good, date of reg in UK 10/06. But the 1yrs tax last october was £210, not the £190 you guys sound like you have paid??

I guess ill just have to wait for that renewal to drop through the door and hold my breath!

I recently bought my year tax disc it cost me 190 :wacko:

Thanks, Neil!

Here's my manifesto:

1) Abolish fuel duty

2) Impose £400/year RFL on Max Powered Corsas/Fiestas/Saxos

3) Impose green tax on caravan owners as the extra gas used tugging these over the mountains in the Lake District are depositing CO2 directly in to the upper atmosphere

4) Make the outside lane a de-restricted 350z only lane...

On a different note, I was wondering what would happen to my RFL if I drop my Z's engine in a tax exempt MGB? Apart from it going through the nearest hedge backwards, of course?! How much of a classic car must you use? What if I nicked the valve caps off a tax exempt classic?

Thanks, Neil!

Here's my manifesto:

1) Abolish fuel duty

2) Impose £400/year RFL on Max Powered Corsas/Fiestas/Saxos

3) Impose green tax on caravan owners as the extra gas used tugging these over the mountains in the Lake District are depositing CO2 directly in to the upper atmosphere

4) Make the outside lane a de-restricted 350z only lane...

On a different note, I was wondering what would happen to my RFL if I drop my Z's engine in a tax exempt MGB? Apart from it going through the nearest hedge backwards, of course?! How much of a classic car must you use? What if I nicked the valve caps off a tax exempt classic?

Very funny mate... :teeth:

I can't see why we cannot include the road tax in the price of fuel, similar to France.

Makes sense to me..the more you use the roads, the more you pay for the upkeep?

It will also eliminate the court fees for people who get causht without road tax.

Common sense... ;)

Well one again the Irish government wins hands down for being bigger F***ers.

Today they announced a change to take effect next year. VRT is to be increased by up to 15% for large engine’d cars. Greener cars will get a reduction. I should point out that VRT is not the same as road tax which we currently also pay. This new plan is supposedly to do away with road tax. I should also point out that VRT is up 33% after VAT is applied. So in theory if I were to change the Z next year for a new one (or the new GTR) I would first have a starting price of we'll say €43k (for the Z) incl VAT of 21%. Next VRT of approx 48% gives me a total of €63.5k.

A Z currently costs €58k inc VRT and road tax of €1300.

I’m now actively seeking employment abroad.

And you guys think a few hundred in road tax is bad.

They also announced a tax on old less efficient light bulbs.

Government has already set aside money to buy carbon credits from other countries. It has been suggested the build large wind farms out to sea in the Atlantic but it was said it would ruin the view. If they did it the excess power, of which there would be a lot, could be sold to the UK grid or other EU countries making a profit as there’d be no pollution.

Guy