Taxed to death

douglasr

I wanna strangle that F%CK!NG P!G GORDAN BROWN. :rant::rant::rant:

Hope he reads this, If I see him in public Ill knock his F^CK!NG Head off, I dont care if Police read this and charge me for it. This Country is becoming a joke to live in AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :angry:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a 100% increase ffs! "major" difference in a home's budget imo. :angry:

Yes outrageous, but my point is it will have a Zero impact. Is the 3% stamp duty on houses stopping those over £250k from selling? Not a bit.

Clearly the only way to reduce polution is to:-

1. Technology on cars

2. Persuading us to not use our cars as much.

1 is happening anyway, and 2 the government is doing nothing about as usual. Otherwise we would have a public transport system which worked and was a serious alternative. :angry:

Guest prescience

I agree with you about PT Kev - but Stamp Duty is a bit different IMO. Your property is likely to appreciate such that you can recoup that in about 2 months (on paper at least)

I agree with you about PT Kev - but Stamp Duty is a bit different IMO. Your property is likely to appreciate such that you can recoup that in about 2 months (on paper at least)

True, but the argument is the same. If you can afford a car in band G you can afford 56p per day more car tax, so will have no impact.

It's only roughly 4 tanks of fuel we're talking about here.

Still enough of a yearly cost to make people question whether they really want an 06 over an 05 though (given all other things being equal etc, like mileage for example).

I dont buy the polution argument anyway. Thousands of years ago temperatures were warmer than they are now, and I dont see any drawings of V8's on cave walls?

What a f*cking joke this government is. I hope the Tories get in as soon as possible and end this complete and utter madness!!

Also, being self-employed, I've just had to totally change how I manage my company because of that f*cking bell-end Brown. He's been nothing but a total pain in the arse since he became chancellor. W*nker!!

What a f*cking joke this government is. I hope the Tories get in as soon as possible and end this complete and utter madness!!

Also, being self-employed, I've just had to totally change how I manage my company because of that f*cking bell-end Brown. He's been nothing but a total pain in the arse since he became chancellor. W*nker!!

IMHO the Tories would do exactly the same. This is the trendy "green" thing to do and the governement has to be seen to be doing something. They don't care whether it has an impact on the environment, they are just hopinng it has a positive impact on votes. Governments only plan for 5 years anyway. Most of them will be dead soon anyway so why should they care about the environment....:lol:

Guys, guys, don't worry..... My GT4 is apparently in Band K. Which, having looked all over the place, I can't find any reference to on the DVLA website.

So I reckon we must be getting REBATES! :yahoo:

Or..... Brown is creating a special band just for sexy cars such as ours and will grab tax off us like he grabs cakes off the Parliament dinner lady's trolley! Fat B'stard.

I'm pi**ed, but does anyone know what BAND K is??? And How much we're gonna have to pay. I just renewed (phew) so won't worry about it till next March but still I wanna know how much I need to save to afford it next year.

Anyone know anything about Band K?

Nah, I don't think it is a typo b'cos it's printed on my Tax Disc and the Tax Disc reminder form that came thru the post.... I'm looking at it now.

I just paid £190 to renew until 31.3.08 which I thought would NOT be the top Band (my Bro has a Shogun and paid £215)...

I'm confused!

Nah, I don't think it is a typo b'cos it's printed on my Tax Disc and the Tax Disc reminder form that came thru the post.... I'm looking at it now.

I just paid £190 to renew until 31.3.08 which I thought would NOT be the top Band (my Bro has a Shogun and paid £215)...

I'm confused!

I don't know what you are looking at but band K does not exist. band G is the highest which was the new band introduced in last years budget.

Does your brother have a Shogun registered after last March ? If so that will be band G.

EH??? K?

It goes from A to G as far as I am aware - G being the newly created band for "Gas Guzzlers" last year.

It breaks down like this for 350Z's:

Cars Registered Date.........................Taxing car....................Ammount

Before 23/3/06 (Band F).......................After 21/3/07...........£200

Before 23/3/06 (Band F).......................In 2008....................£205

Before 23/3/06 (Band F).......................In 2009...................£210

After 23/3/06 (Band G).........................After 21/3/07.............£300

After 23/3/06 (Band G).........................in 2008.....................£400