Taxed to death

douglasr

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a horrible feeling im gonna be stung for the £300 :thumbdown:

Z is an 03 JDM but was only registered in this country october last year, what you reckon??

Don't know much about imports but would imagine it would be when the car was first put on the road.

Nothing would surprise me though....

Viva la Revolution, time to stand up and turn this sh1t hole of a country around

I'm with you! There is enough of us on here to form our own party :teeth:

So let me get this straight, I have an 04 plate, I'm ok. If you've got an 06 yir screwed. So what if you got for example a 02 Hummer or an old clapped out piece of sh!t that burns more oil than George Bush can lay his grubby paws on... :headhurt:

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit my zed was registered in April 2006 :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Mine is up at the end of this month, I renewed it yesterday for 6 months for £115 which means in 6 months its gonna be £400 for 12 months :angry:

**** it, might just sell before then...................

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit my zed was registered in April 2006 :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Mine is up at the end of this month, I renewed it yesterday for 6 months for £115 which means in 6 months its gonna be £400 for 12 months :angry:

Divvy :p

The whole greenhouse thing is a big con anyway, as anyone who saw that documentary a couple of weeks ago on Ch4 will realise (The Great Global Warming Swindle it was called).

It showed that yes, the CO2 levels and temperature levels are related, but unfortunately it's the deviations in temperature (caused by solar cycles, NOT 350Zs) which CAUSE increased CO2, not the reverse as we're always told. CO2 is released from the ocean as it warms up, provable by the fact it lags the increase in temperature by 200+ years.

Here endeth the science lesson :D

IMHO the Tories would do exactly the same. This is the trendy "green" thing to do and the governement has to be seen to be doing something.

Yop

Overhere they discovered the environment too as a way to get the money out of your pockets....

Think Ill save this post, knowig yours is in the G band and mine is in the F band is a point to consider should I ever want a yellow coupe... hmmm ;)

nobody I know has ever admitted voting for 'em :teeth:

Who ever did will certainly be ruing the day they did ;)

Talking of reaping what they sow, nobody expected a pile of weeds ;)

I have never voted labour in my life and never will.

Also I can't remember the last time I did vote as they are all as bad as each other.

well by lowering the tax to 20p from 22p in the pound I guess he is giving you anallowance to pay for the car tax....all seems a bit ironic really.

That was the big surprise. Does it come into effect the now or was that delayed until 2008 ?

I think I worked it out that the break even is about £18.3k.

If you earn below 18.3K, then scrapping the 10% band and reducing the 22% to 20% means you are actually worse off.

If you earn over 18.3k, then scrapping the 10% and reducing the 22% to 20% means you are better off.

Im no accountant but heres how I worked it out: (using standard basic allowance of £5225)

CURRENT SYSTEM..........................................NEW SYSTEM..................

money earnt....tax rate.....tax paid..................money earnt.......tax rate.......tax paid

£5225................0%.............£0.......................£5225..................0%...........£0

£2150...............10%.............£215...................£2150................20%..........£430

£11000..............22%...........£2420...................£11000..............20%..........£2200

Total £18375....................Total £2635............Total £18375...................Total £2630