Track Day \ shake down feeler thread

Keyser

Hi All,

Hoping to get my baby back this week so just wondered if anyone fancied a track day at Castle Combe on Friday the 7th September - or just wanted to come along and see if she blows up on her shake down run :lol:

Only provisionally gauging interest at the moment :thumbs:

Jez - what you up to on the 7th, I know you like to throw yours round Combe :) - Should see you before then anyway ;):ninja:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one day prior to a 2 day detail for me, BUT I'll be there, are we taking ALL day Friday as I'll take the day off to come down.

I'll wash your car as you come into the pits...

Keyser : Give it a once over Wasso

Wasso : No probs guv

A short while later...

Keyser : What the hell you up to lad, need to get back out there

Wasso : Don't worry just giving the bitch a quick clay

:dance::lol:

Let me know :#1:

Good circuit - lots of grip if its dry - ice rink if it rains - standing water :thumbdown:

Not much space to get it wrong though - run offs are .... errrr small :surrender:

They have a day on the 7th and another on the 21st September

track info - http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/

Another option could be Keevil Airfield? bit cheaper as well

They have Friday 31st August and Saturday 22nd September

Not been there yet - apparently plenty of runoff space :thumbs:

Anyone done Keevil?

See how many are interested and when - we can go from there :)

When is G not on holiday :p;):lol:

That's one day prior to a 2 day detail for me, BUT I'll be there, are we taking ALL day Friday as I'll take the day off to come down.

I'll wash your car as you come into the pits...

Keyser : Give it a once over Wasso

Wasso : No probs guv

A short while later...

Keyser : What the hell you up to lad, need to get back out there

Wasso : Don't worry just giving the bitch a quick clay

:dance::lol:

Let me know :#1:

:lol:

Your nuts mate :thumbs:

Its an all day job usually have to be there by 8am if your on track (saftey briefing)

Specators can show up anythime - think they are free as well :thumbs:

What's the cost for the day if driving can't be bothered to look at web page currently killing on mw3

:doh:

CC = £170 a day 1 car and 1 driver

Keevil £99 Friday £109 Saturday 1 car and 1 driver - Keevils is open pit so you would get more time out prolly.

I'm not on holiday on the 21st :thumbs::thumbs::p

Good circuit - lots of grip if its dry - ice rink if it rains - standing water :thumbdown:

Not much space to get it wrong though - run offs are .... errrr small :surrender:

They have a day on the 7th and another on the 21st September

track info - http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/

Another option could be Keevil Airfield? bit cheaper as well

They have Friday 31st August and Saturday 22nd September

Not been there yet - apparently plenty of runoff space :thumbs:

Anyone done Keevil?

See how many are interested and when - we can go from there :)

When is G not on holiday :p;):lol:

Keevil is great but a little restricting, old airfield coned into a circuit. Any form of racing or dodgy over taking will get you black flagged as me and captain will tell you.

On the other hand it is cheaper and very safe and still really good fun for testing your car, you can google some vids which will give you some indication what the circuit is like.

Castle Combe, only been a passenger there, the run off sections scare me, but I really do like the track, much more of a drivers circuit and more exciting to drive imo.

Hope to be there where ever you choose. :thumbs:

Perhaps the airfield will be a better option for a Shake down, make sure everything is properly back together, wouldn`t want to put it in the tyres after all the hard work, sweat blood & tears you have put in :surrender:

I am a little biased as I`m due a new set of tyres :teeth: Will knows what happens with me & airfields :ninja:

Perhaps the airfield will be a better option for a Shake down, make sure everything is properly back together, wouldn`t want to put it in the tyres after all the hard work, sweat blood & tears you have put in :surrender:

I am a little biased as I`m due a new set of tyres :teeth: Will knows what happens with me & airfields :ninja:

Aye ive never spent so much time going sideways :lol:

You get carpet bombed!

Spill the beans then :snack:

It was the mazda but next time you head out to burn some rubber on track with the zed let me know :thumbs:

Not been doing much with the zed recently, I have a broken vectra & a new hobby :teeth:

Well I had a problem with the shed vectra, It was cutting out when idling (when hot) finally got to the bottom of it, a broken clip on a wiring loom on the fuel pressure loom, then decided to get the injectors out for ultrasonic cleaning as it was a little lumpy under acceleration, which meant removing rocker covers, fuel rails & inlet manifold to remove the 6 injectors. & in the heist of it all managed to drop a tiny washer/nut into the combustion chamber :bang: so after hours of trying to get the bloody thing out resorted to removing 1 of the heads & damaging one of the head gaskets :angry::rant::bang::bangin: *********

& the new hobby is almost as fun as driving :teeth:

Well if we are going that far :offtopic::lol:

unlucky with the washer Darren :thumbdown:

But if your gonna have a new hobby don't mess about with little pop sticks do it right :thumbs:

The FI version -

img043.jpg

:p;):lol::lol::lol: