Not found on ebay but a 350z nismo rs :-D

350zlover

Alright Ian, basically I'm going to have to give you that one aren't I :lol:

Very confusing as all other evidence points towards the Nismo engine being around way before the HR was. When I looked at this originally in 2010 I'm fairly sure the Nismo website was different, as the RS and the RS-C now seem to have their own seperate sites. Possibly I got caught up on the development and never stopped to look at what Nissan called the damn thing. I stand by everything I said about the development and background because it's true, but i'll man up and say it:

I'ts officially an HR.

DB

Very confusing as all other evidence points towards the Nismo engine being around way before the HR was. When I looked at this originally in 2010 I'm fairly sure the Nismo website was different, as the RS and the RS-C now seem to have their own seperate sites. Possibly I got caught up on the development and never stopped to look at what Nissan called the damn thing. I stand by everything I said about the development and background because it's true, but i'll man up and say it:

I'ts officially an HR.

DB

The bonnet made it pretty obvious, that and the fact the engine looks EXACTLY the same as the HR engine apart from the red section ;)

I'ts officially an HR.

DB

The bonnet made it pretty obvious, that and the fact the engine looks EXACTLY the same as the HR engine apart from the red section ;)

I figured that was just because if you gave a DE dual intakes it would look like an HR. Anyway in the meantime i've found out that wikipedia agrees with my view of things, and therefore I'm definitely wrong :thumbs:

DB

I wonder how much it would cost to do this to your engine because its pretty impressive figures for a N/A engine. I would love to do it but i think it would be very expensive

A lot. I would love to go nuts & build a NA VQ its just not that cost effective compared to going FI

I wonder how much it would cost to do this to your engine because its pretty impressive figures for a N/A engine. I would love to do it but i think it would be very expensive

Even to get the 350bhp version all you'd be left with from a stock HR engine is the block. It has bespoke crank, pistons, rods, valves, heads and cams. Basically buy a vortech instead :lol:

DB

I'ts officially an HR.

DB

Kneel before ZOD!

Looking at this:

http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/comp ... ngine.html

and when Nissan and Nismo were good buddies back in 2006 before divorce (but recently re-married), I presume this was the HR concept being developed in the real world?

That engine is pure HR - the front upper timing covers give it away, 'cos the connectors for the Exhaust VVT and the Intake VVT Solenoids are in a different place compared to the rev-up, and the DE didn't have Exhaust VVT......