Blue smoke

timmytuck

Where you based??

shrewsbury ,midlands area.

Bit far from me then :lol:

Doubt it's a coil pack with multi cylinder mis-fire Maf would throw a code so I'm going with CPS at the moment.

Good luck with finding the fault. :thumbs:

Not really mate when its jacked up - Just in front of the clutch slave cylinder (on a DE anyway) where the gearbox meets the engine in the bell housing - 1 10mm bolt holds it in and a small clip on wire connected at the back. It's a little fiddly to reach as it's above the cross frame but can be done without removing anything else as I recall.

out of interest is the crank position sensor hard to get at keyser? just ive seen a couple of cars on here that had to get it done

Thats not too bad then. I was thinking engine out job lol. If it was that would just be extremely unlucky for the op. what sort of price do they go for? I take it itl need to be from nissan?

Got mine from ZmanAlex he has pre owned and new sorted me out and prolly a lot cheaper than a dealer.

By the way there is a hell of a lot of water ,steam coming from the exhaust , is this normal ?

If its fuel you'll get bore wash but you will smell it if its fuel. A bit of water and steam is ok on startup but should clear when she is warmed up.

Unbelievable ,dodgy spark plug , the last thing I checked.

:lol:

Glad you found it - thought they were new plugs though.

mmmmmm ok I hold my hands up , I managed to flatten the end of one of the new plugs putting it in . That was just before the rebuild and I put the misfire down to the knackered engine, i can't believe I didn't double check them again .

thats great. the running in process will be soul destroying :lol: . dont be tempted to cane it though because its not worth it. it must of been a pretty expensive fix for you

yes it cost a bit but could of been a lot worse I suppose , I saved a lot by taking the motor out myself and it gave me a great sense of achievement .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I've only managed to do 50 miles in her so far !!

The cel light game on and it's a p1167 code which is the heated oxeygen sensor bank 2, am I rite in thinking this is the passenger side lambda sensor after the cat? And it may be something to do with the high flow cats ?. If so is there a fix ?

I don't want to buy another sensor if if I don't need to .

Cheers .

Hi all

I've only managed to do 50 miles in her so far !!

The cel light game on and it's a p1167 code which is the heated oxeygen sensor bank 2, am I rite in thinking this is the passenger side lambda sensor after the cat? And it may be something to do with the high flow cats ?. If so is there a fix ?

I don't want to buy another sensor if if I don't need to .

Cheers .

Help !!!

Please :)

• 3 months later...