Clear rear indicator lenses

Daryl

I thought id have a stab at changing my rear indicator clusters yesterday,which was not alot of fun,but well worth it. The problem I had was that my car has aftermarket parking sensors,so i couldnt fully remove the rear bumper. I ended up taking out all the fixings for it,and having it pretty much resting on a few areas so I could get to the screws for the clusters. Imagine my mood when I discovered that the bulbs were the wrong ones. :rant: I ended up replacing both clusters,but used the original bulbs,as i figured that i can change them when they arrive,and i didnt want to be removing the rear bumper again. Amazed at the difference its made to the back of the car though,much better,will look brilliant when the new bulbs rock up.

Sorry,no pics yet,but will post up when the new bulbs are fitted.

Clearly a man of taste B):thumbs:

I thought id have a stab at changing my rear indicator clusters yesterday,which was not alot of fun,but well worth it. The problem I had was that my car has aftermarket parking sensors,so i couldnt fully remove the rear bumper. I ended up taking out all the fixings for it,and having it pretty much resting on a few areas so I could get to the screws for the clusters. Imagine my mood when I discovered that the bulbs were the wrong ones. :rant: I ended up replacing both clusters,but used the original bulbs,as i figured that i can change them when they arrive,and i didnt want to be removing the rear bumper again. Amazed at the difference its made to the back of the car though,much better,will look brilliant when the new bulbs rock up.

Sorry,no pics yet,but will post up when the new bulbs are fitted.

Same ones I have on my car :thumbs:

You need wedge fit bulbs. I bought bulbs where the actual bulb part wouldn't go into the cluster. Then I bought the wrong bulb fitment. Third time lucky I got the right ones :lol:

You can change the bulbs with the bumper on if you have skinny hands. I've done mine twice and not had any issues but I have the arms of a 6 year old.

Same ones I have on my car :thumbs:

You need wedge fit bulbs. I bought bulbs where the actual bulb part wouldn't go into the cluster. Then I bought the wrong bulb fitment. Third time lucky I got the right ones :lol:

You can change the bulbs with the bumper on if you have skinny hands. I've done mine twice and not had any issues but I have the arms of a 6 year old.

Thats what im planning on doing,though still a pain that you have to take the rear brake lights out,but never mind. I have girly hands. :lol:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Holy thread bump!

As these are totally clear I really want chrome fog and reverse bulbs so they look spot on!

Fog;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/W21-5W-R580-T20-SILVER-CHROME-RED-Stop-Tail-Car-Bulbs-/181118305538?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a2b7e0502

Can't find these in the UK - Reverse;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7443-T-20-CHROME-SILVER-WHITE-BULBS-BULB-21W-WEDGE-/291249846347?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43cfd7f84b

Will these fit?? Anyone found them elsewhere cheaper/in the UK?

Was thinking of buying a set of clear reflectors in the future. Are the ones shown on this thread bought from JDM in the States?

Regards

No idea sorry where people get them. Think they are made by "Depo" if that helps.

You can however clear out the original rear red fog light lense to achieve this look cheaper. Guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/index.php?showtopic=22312

:thumbs:

• 3 months later...