IT'S BEEN EMOTIONAL

Blacky

Well she's sold :scare:

A young girl and her mum knocked on my door and asked if I wanted to sell the car.

After a few days she came up with the money, so it's gone.

Thoroughly enjoyed my time on the forum and hope to bump in to some of you at Japfest etc.

Have enjoyed the car so much since day 1 but after 6 years of ownership its time to move on. :thumbs:

• 4 years later...

Does anyone know Blacky? Would love to get in touch with him. 4 years after he had the knock on the door and the car is now in my hands. Im sure he would be glad to know the car has been well looked after and does not look too different from when he had.

Does anyone know Blacky? Would love to get in touch with him. 4 years after he had the knock on the door and the car is now in my hands. Im sure he would be glad to know the car has been well looked after and does not look too different from when he had.

Try PM'ing him in the mean time, long shot I know but you never know.

Try PM'ing him in the mean time, long shot I know but you never know.

Yeah just tried PM'ing him mate. When I first got the car I went onto google and typed in 'Orange 350Z' and to my surprise there was a few pics of the car when he had it. They were posted on the My350Z forum so I joined there especially to message him but he has been active on here more so messaged here aswell.

Just trying to find out if the car has been upreved etc but even though he has 671 posts on this forum, when I search for his posts I can only see around 12 posts.

I would have too mate. The girl that bought it off Blacky sold it to me 4 yrs later (sooner than she wanted due to personal reasons) and she couldnt watch me drive it away and went back inside. She absolutely loved the car and it showed. I can tell it has been well looked after both mechanically and aesthetically.

Couple of personal touches I want/have done but nothing too radically different. Wheels will be refurbed soon and redone in a gloss black to match the rest of the gloss black on the car. Maybe a bigger wing but other than that maybe some forced induction of some sort ;)

I can tell that as it is still running sweet as a nut. Looking at the service history and comparing to the book recomendations it has always had the correct level service at the correct time without fail.

Next thing is a full set of new boots, as the fronts are different tread pattern to the rears.

Probably being lazy (and I will conduct a search shortly) but what is generally the best/most appropriate engine oil to use on these?

Recently just had a full change a few days before I bought it but forgot to ask what went in.

I found out he owned a tenpin proshop. Used that info to find his full name and his wifes name. Couldnt find him on Facebook but found his wife. Message sent and hopefully Ive got the right person haha. Could be on contact with Blacky soon :)

• 2 weeks later...
I found out he owned a tenpin proshop. Used that info to find his full name and his wifes name. Couldnt find him on Facebook but found his wife. Message sent and hopefully Ive got the right person haha. Could be on contact with Blacky soon :)
thats him, definitely was into 10 pin stuff