2003 Gun Metal Grey GT, UK - IM KEEPING HER!

slimjim

Trying to think of more bad points to the car, just want to be honest...

The original seats are wearing slightly on the bolsters nearest to the doors and a little on the gear-stick

As you would expect for a car of this age.

Fantastic example of the best colour Zed. Very best of luck with the sale. :thumbs:

(P.S. What happened to the Mr December wheels)? Drool :lol:

Cheers.... The December wheels LOOKED good. But they handled AWFULLY. So the originals went back on.

To save someone the bother of reading all of jims post I can say that he has been a stickler for keeping this original and has lavished attention on it.

We nearly bought it before you did!

:byebye:

Cheers Ricey. :thumbs:

Some interesting news on the passenger window. It sprung into life yesterday!!

Opened the door and it dropped, so I tried it and it worked fine. :yahoo:

Later on last night, it stopped working again. :bang: So I am HOPING it is just a loose connection.

Going to take the door skin off an have a look over the weekend. May just replace the motor anyway to be honest. :thumbs:

Just had the plate documents back.

She will be going back onto her original plate. "OE 53 BYY"

Just waiting for the DVLA to send the V5 back, before putting on pistonheads. :byebye:

- EDIT -

This is a 53 plate, the 52 was a typo, well spotted peeps! :wacko:

I sold my previous car (Mk1 Audi TT) on eBay as a classified ad (£19.95).

I wrote a detailed ad (like yours) and posted some decent photos. I listed it on the Friday evening, had a few viewings during the week and it sold on the following Saturday. :yahoo:

Might be worth considering 'the bay' as an option. :shrug:

I sold my previous car (Mk1 Audi TT) on eBay as a classified ad (£19.95).

I wrote a detailed ad (like yours) and posted some decent photos. I listed it on the Friday evening, had a few viewings during the week and it sold on the following Saturday. :yahoo:

Might be worth considering 'the bay' as an option. :shrug:

Cheers bud

I will be putting it in PH but I wanted to wait till I have the V5 back first.

Just in case it goes crazy like your advert did! :lol:

eBay will be the very last chance saloon... might even KEEP it if I can't sell it without eBay. :blush:

Just had the plate documents back.

She will be going back onto her original plate. "OE 53 BYY"

Just waiting for the DVLA to send the V5 back, before putting on pistonheads. :byebye:

52?????

DOH!!!... Yes, it is 53... the 52 was a typo ... sorry! :blink:

Hi - PM sent, would like even more info than given if possible!!

Cheers RM2

No problem...

P.M. answered...

But I thought I would post the questions and answers here too....

Save the same ones being asked again, hope you don't mind.

----------------

1)Number plate?

The Numberplate that is on the car NOW is "OE 53 BYY". So it is a late 2003 car.

I am pretty fastidious with keeping receipts. Here are some: http://www.jameshardacre.com/350Z/History/

Since I have had her, I have done all the fluid changes myself, once a year. Including brake, clutch, gearbox, PAS... everything really.

Also changed the spark plugs when I bought her and took off the awful induction kit and put an original box back on.

Basically, I love the look and feel of the Zed as standard, so I took her to standard with a few very subtle interior mods. And the stealth ICE setup.

You will know all this if you have read my thread! I have nothing to hide, it is ALL on the thread.

2) Clutch?

I can't see any reference to a new clutch in the history. but she will take off in second and I have never had a "clutch smell" from her.

Plus there is no binding or bad feel to the clutch peddle. The bite is a little high but it has always been like that.

The only "scary" thing you get is the sound/noise from the release bearing when she is cold.

This worried me when I first bought it but if you do a little research on the forum, you will see it is a normal thing for these cars and it calms down after being driven for 30 seconds.

Also, there are no "clicking axles" which the 350 tends to suffer from (Again, have a search on the forum for it)

3)Tires?

Personally, I think there is plenty of tread on the tires. I will take some photo's as best I can to show this.

On that subject, the MOT last week gave three advisory's:

4)MOT?

001. Rear Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gassed (7.1.2)

-I spoke to them about this and I was told it was after the back box, so it is only a cosmetic thing and would never effect the emissions test.

002. (both rear) Type worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)

-Personally, I dispute this, but I will use photo's and video to let you see and make your own mind up.

- My friend who owns Chris Hardy Tires, see all the receipts from him in the history folder, also says they are fine.

003. Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components

-Never understood why they put this on MOT's? EVERYONE must have this. But I can guarantee you everything under there is spot on.

I pride myself on the way I look after my car, as much as I do telling the truth about her.

People lie about cars in adverts, then when you go to see them, you find out the truth anyway, so why lie?

----------------

Lovely example

Mind me asking how you did the LED strut brace?

No problem...

The Strut Brace lights are an Askari special.... Have a look around the forum for username:Huskie, Comapny:Askari and lighting... :thumbs:

Lovely example

No problem...

The Strut Brace lights are an Askari special.... Have a look around the forum for username:Huskie, Comapny:Askari and lighting... :thumbs:

Can't find anything

Would you consider selling your setup?

Lovely example

No problem...

Husky is the username ;)

see his build thread:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30597&hilit=husky

Thanks Colin...

Made that post on the fly from my phone... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorely tempted by this, looks very nice, but won't be able to buy before sometime in October!

Almost hoping it doesn't sell by then, but that's not nice, good luck with the sale anyway! :dry:

Going on Piston Heads this week.

But October isn't that far away! :thumbs:

I'm sorely tempted by this, looks very nice, but won't be able to buy before sometime in October!

Almost hoping it doesn't sell by then, but that's not nice, good luck with the sale anyway! :dry:

Going on Piston Heads this week.

But October isn't that far away! :thumbs:

Well thinking about it I'm actually back from my holiday 24th of september so technically could have it then... I will have to keep you updated and keep my fingers crossed... ;)

I know it's none of my business but would a deposit hold the car until you get back from your holiday at the end of September?

Be nice to see the car stay within the forum, you get the car you want and slimjim possibly saves money on advertising and potential time wasters?

Just a thought :shrug:

I know it's none of my business but would a deposit hold the car until you get back from your holiday at the end of September?

Be nice to see the car stay within the forum, you get the car you want and slimjim possibly saves money on advertising and potential time wasters?

Just a thought :shrug:

I would also love to see her stay on the forum and a decent size deposit would secure the car till the end of September.

Although I presume natehd9 would actually want to see/drive it before doing that! :lol:

I'm online if you want a chat. B)