Turbo £500

coldel

Not sure why people are getting excited about this one, am I missing something?

It's a single turbo kit of unspecified unbranded origin that looks like it was birthed in the depths of some guy's shed with no pics of it actually attached to a 350z and no engine management.

what power would a T4 hit? and what are they like on lag?

You wouldn't want to exceed 400/400 on a stock block anyway, and so far even well designed and made single turbo kits all suffer from substantial lag until about 3k/3.5k.

Ooh what else would I need to fit this on my gt4....

A massive pair of balls and a second mortgage for when it lunches your engine.

DB

I understand its not a bolt on, injectors, management possibly a fuel pump and a thicker HG would be needed straight away amongst other things!

But if its used properly, then there is no reason as to why it wouldn't do the job!

How can you have a turbo kit without a manifold? :shrug:

I was wondering that too, normally you`d get a new manifold and the turbo connects to it, else if this one is connecting to the exhaust system further down then there would be a hell of a lag.

Also, surely you`d need to lower the compression ratio on the engine if you were going to turbo it? Or isnt that needed on the zed?

How much is a normal turbo kit, 7k with fitting?

I'd say £10K minimum to go FI.

From memory when I was looking to do the GTM TT kit, it would have cost me around £8K in parts - but that include fueling, gauges & a few other bits.

It can be done cheaper if you don't mind buying second hand (or cheaper branded) parts & depending on how much you can do yourself.

How much is a normal turbo kit, 7k with fitting?

I'd say £10K minimum to go FI.

From memory when I was looking to do the GTM TT kit, it would have cost me around £8K in parts - but that include fueling, gauges & a few other bits.

Since that quote the £ dropped against the $ so unless its come back up you can add another £800 at least for the GTM supply and fit with all the bits and bobs.!