The life of Vredestein Utlra(c)

DaJimstar

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I got 4 Veredstein Ultras firtted today, each corner on 18" forged rays alloys.

The car litterely is sticking to the floor with a Night and Day difference over what it was. I instantly felt much more connected to the road, on accelration in a straight line the road seems to get eaten by the car/almost processed, cornering feels intutive, the back end being far less happy and putting power throught the corner is a Joy. Truly..so far amazed at the difference.. the feeling of response between myself and the road was a noticable positive differene. :drive1:drive1

I have only tried them in the dry.. :blush: so far, but they were not that good they could control weather, sad i know.. :lol:

One negative every single stone/lose bit of grit was being flung up they are so grippy.. :headhurt:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultra :thumbs:

Just if your considering what tyre to go for, I could tell the quality straight away.. I will update this once I have driven them in the Wet. I live in/around Manchester so any minute now :lol::snack: and once I have put some mileage in on them. :drive1:yahoo:

They look mean too B).. Just hope this helps :D

Ekona, just keepin ya on ya toes, yes the Ultrac Sessanta :yahoo::yahoo: Very, very Good .. IMHO

Before. I genuinely have no idea, I forget the name, they were not good I know that much.. Only had it 2 months, they had plenty of tred but were pish..

Agreed. PS3s are okay, but not great. Didn't even realise they did the PS3 in Zed sizes!

I am using them at the moment but will be swapping back to f1a2's. Dropping the profile to 40 on front and back gives you a much much much broader choice of tyres.

I ran Vredestrein on my spiritedly driven A4 before buying the Z. I have to say that they exceeded the Pilot SP2's that were on the Audi from new. Far better traction in the wet and also in the dry. Problem the pilots have is the tread rolling on the sipe edges when they get a bit 'warm',something the Sessanter tyres do not do. Excellent trye and decent prices at Elite Direct,better than Michelin.

I had these fitted last week, and I too agree they are great handling tyres! I was running the BS RE050 which I thought were pretty good. But these are just miles better! sooo much more grip in the wet. Only thing i would add is that they feel quite twitchy at motorway speed, which can be a bit un nearving, but im sure that will settle down once they bed in.

Well worth the money :thumbs:

I had these fitted last week, and I too agree they are great handling tyres! I was running the BS RE050 which I thought were pretty good. But these are just miles better! sooo much more grip in the wet. Only thing i would add is that they feel quite twitchy at motorway speed, which can be a bit un nearving, but im sure that will settle down once they bed in.

I have to disagree, I didnt find the Vrede's particularly good in the wet and they were considerably less communicative, especially when on the limit. The RE050A's phone me up and have a 5 minute conversation before they give way, I think their outright grip is better as well. Not often a cheaper tyre performs better than a more expensive one ;)

I had the Ultrac's on for a while,... and there WERE very good.

Then Ekona bitch slapped me and said "Buy PS2's" ... which I did and now I would never buy anything else. They are amazing. :drive1

Hope the buyer of your car appreciates the extra expense you went to :thumbs:

I have to disagree, I didnt find the Vrede's particularly good in the wet and they were considerably less communicative, especially when on the limit. The RE050A's phone me up and have a 5 minute conversation before they give way, I think their outright grip is better as well. Not often a cheaper tyre performs better than a more expensive one ;)

On a recent journey to ease the boredom of a 20mph crawl along the M3 in heavy rain I tested my RE050's by accelerating hard from about 15mph in second with TCS off and the grip was very impressive I must say. I stopped short of REALLY provoking them mind....

They continue to amaze me in the wet, its embarrassing as a supposed "proper drifter" clutch kicking the car and nothing happening because the tyres are still gripping. In the dry Ive found its best not to do donuts or 180's as they dont always let go no matter how much abuse you give them, I never had that problem with Vrede's :)

Oh, and you dont do this if you dont have confidence in your tyres:

177749_436720539693405_1309172623_o.jpg