What a BERK!!!

Darren-B

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the car was getting LOUDER & had a couple of people ask me if I had de-cats.

After removing my Berks I discovered that indeed I do have de-cats, expensive ones!! :scare:

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

Hopefully these are warranted???

I`m quite disapointed as the remains of the Cats are now rattling around in my Milltek :angry::thumbdown:

You get minor pressure going back when the exhaust valves open the same time as the intake valves, doesn't happen often but can do under certain partial load conditions, for economy and emission reasons. It's why so many mk3 MR2s had blown engines due to their pre-cats breaking down. Unlikely to happen, but not impossible.

No warranty on them then, gotta be worth a shout for a goodwill gesture though I reckon. Where/when did Will get them?

Darren, does the damaged cat look like it has run hotter than the other side? also what side failed?

I have seen this happen after the cats have been knocked about causes the catalyst brick to become dislodged then it cant radiate the heat properly.

if you need a map tweak just send me a email. pretty busy at the moment thou.

Dan at AME warned keyser of this when running a supercharger and told him he will blow them out the exhaust

The same thing happen to my mx5 last year :teeth on a stock cat. I didn't really expect this to happen with the berks which apparently a performance part :thumbdown:

The real issue I have is that I think the cats are now in the rear silencer as I have a nasty rattley exhaust note now :dry: