Dead body removal...

wideboy

Hi Folks,

Please excuse my blind ignorance but all of my previous cars have been badly neglected with regards to any form of washing, let alone anything constituting 'detailing'...

I've had a look at the sticky posts re step by step cleaning, but just have a quick question:

After washing, with lots of effort there's still a huge number of the remnants of dead bugs and tar on the car. Should all of this be removed before I clay the car, or is this what clay bars live for?! As is by now obvious I've never even seen a clay bar! If it needs removed prior to clay, any top tips? I've tried bug removal rubbish from halfords which is no doubt pretty bad for the paintwork and is equally ineffective.

Thanks in advance!

I usually use Autoglym Tar remover (IronX is brilliant stuff if you can get it!!), you can use a clay bar but its harder work and the clay gets dirty quickly so you go through more of it, you don't want to use too much pressure (no scrubbing!!) with clay either as it'll mark the paint unless you use a bucketload of lube (no sniggering please lol)

I usually use Autoglym Tar remover (IronX is brilliant stuff if you can get it!!), you can use a clay bar but its harder work and the clay gets dirty quickly so you go through more of it, you don't want to use too much pressure (no scrubbing!!) with clay either as it'll mark the paint unless you use a bucketload of lube (no sniggering please lol)

Lube = read any type of Quick Detailer, for gods sake don't use KY-Jelly with a clay bar :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lube = read any type of Quick Detailer, for gods sake don't use KY-Jelly with a clay bar :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do love my car, but not in that way!

Cheers for the tips so far.

Have you tried it ;) lol

Have you tried it ;) lol

:worthless:

:teeth:

Have you tried it ;) lol

:worthless:

:teeth:

Of course not Vix, and Dave...behave, lol

Hi Folks,

Please excuse my blind ignorance but all of my previous cars have been badly neglected with regards to any form of washing, let alone anything constituting 'detailing'...

I've had a look at the sticky posts re step by step cleaning, but just have a quick question:

After washing, with lots of effort there's still a huge number of the remnants of dead bugs and tar on the car. Should all of this be removed before I clay the car, or is this what clay bars live for?! As is by now obvious I've never even seen a clay bar! If it needs removed prior to clay, any top tips? I've tried bug removal rubbish from halfords which is no doubt pretty bad for the paintwork and is equally ineffective.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/autosmart-tardis-cat6.html :thumbs: