Noisy neighbours

Flex

What's the reason for the noise?

Would it not be easier to chat to them?

He's a jobless wonder who does nothing so probably driven by boredom!

So you haven't spoken to him yet then?

Try that first, you might be surprised.

What's the reason for the noise?

Would it not be easier to chat to them?

He's a jobless wonder who does nothing so probably driven by boredom!

So you haven't spoken to him yet then?

Try that first, you might be surprised.

Yep, we've all (everyone on the street) have done at some point.

He's normally stoned off his face.

He's a complete w@nker.

Okay, well start at the start then for those of us without crystal balls ;)

What does he do?

When does he do it?

When did it start?

What did he say when you spoke to him about it?

Details man, details! :D

Does he look hard? Do you see anyone who looks hard frequenting his house?

If 'no'....Do you or can you look either hard (but not just like you can handle yourself - I mean like ex con hard) and/or could you look wildly crazy?

It might just be worth under the pretence of doing some gardening, knocking on his door with a chainsaw/hatchet in your hand and very calmly ask him to keep the noise down as your parole officer is coming round shortly.

Optional - whilst calmly talking to him having a really exaggerated twitch where you slam your head against his wall whilst emmiting a barking sound.

From a legal perspective you've been neither threatening or menacing........from a human perspective you'll terrify him back into his little stoner hole.

Does he look hard? Do you see anyone who looks hard frequenting his house?

If 'no'....Do you or can you look either hard (but not just like you can handle yourself - I mean like ex con hard) and/or could you look wildly crazy?

It might just be worth under the pretence of doing some gardening, knocking on his door with a chainsaw/hatchet in your hand and very calmly ask him to keep the noise down as your parole officer is coming round shortly.

Optional - whilst calmly talking to him having a really exaggerated twitch where you slam your head against his wall whilst emmiting a barking sound.

From a legal perspective you've been neither threatening or menacing........from a human perspective you'll terrify him back into his little stoner hole.

:lol: love it! Really made me chuckle here! :)

When in uni a few friends liked to cause noise. Apparently their neighbours called the council who threatened to install audio monitoring equipment in their neighbours house if they persisted. If the noise went above a certain dB level then they would be prosecuted or something to that effect. They didn't make much noise after that.

Okay, well start at the start then for those of us without crystal balls ;)

What does he do?

When does he do it?

When did it start?

What did he say when you spoke to him about it?

Details man, details! :D

What does he do? - plays some sort of sh1te music that I can't identify

When does he do it? - 12-3.30am Fri/Sat/Sun

When did it start? - about 2 yrs ago

What did he say when you spoke to him about it? Please turn it down, please stop.

What did he say when you spoke to him about it? Please turn it down, please stop.

What did he say? I kinda guess what you said ;):lol:

If it's been two years, that's ridiculous. Why have you waited so long?

Start recording dates and times, contact the council every single time, just start being a pest really. If it's that bad they'll sort it, if you're exaggerating then they won't.

What did he say? I kinda guess what you said ;):lol:

If it's been two years, that's ridiculous. Why have you waited so long?

Start recording dates and times, contact the council every single time, just start being a pest really. If it's that bad they'll sort it, if you're exaggerating then they won't.

We haven't waited that long, we reported it well over a year ago and then the housing ass threatened to kick him out. He went VERY quite for around 6months. Just started up again over the last 2 months. bad times!

Ricey, I like it but I couldn't look 'hard' to save my life. Funny though :lol:

You`d be surprised at how easy it is. Baring in mind im a 14.5 stone skinhead, when I used to do debt collecting I grew a big goatee beard, and used to turn up at peoples houses wearing big dm boot`s and a bomber jacket. People used to take one look at me and decide to clear there debt there & then. Those who didnt had no problems with me taking their telly or whatever away. Its all about the stereotypical type of person people associate with an image. The fact im nice as pie (oooh.... pies!) and certainly wouldnt have done anything against the law in order to persuade someone to pay their debt was neither here nor there. It was opening your door to someone who looked like a serious thug which did the trick.

I remember when I moved into my old house, my neighbours were bricking it when they saw me for the first few times, especially when me & my mates would be messing about working on our motorbikes in the drive. They assumed I was some hells angel. It was only when they saw me going off to work in my 3 piece suit and got to know me they realised I was fine!

So id get a bomber jacket, shave your head, grow a goatee then knock on his door asking him to turn the music down! problem solved! :thumbs:

Ricey, I like it but I couldn't look 'hard' to save my life. Funny though :lol:

You`d be surprised at how easy it is. Baring in mind im a 14.5 stone skinhead, when I used to do debt collecting I grew a big goatee beard, and used to turn up at peoples houses wearing big dm boot`s and a bomber jacket. People used to take one look at me and decide to clear there debt there & then. Those who didnt had no problems with me taking their telly or whatever away. Its all about the stereotypical type of person people associate with an image. The fact im nice as pie (oooh.... pies!) and certainly wouldnt have done anything against the law in order to persuade someone to pay their debt was neither here nor there. It was opening your door to someone who looked like a serious thug which did the trick.

I remember when I moved into my old house, my neighbours were bricking it when they saw me for the first few times, especially when me & my mates would be messing about working on our motorbikes in the drive. They assumed I was some hells angel. It was only when they saw me going off to work in my 3 piece suit and got to know me they realised I was fine!

So id get a bomber jacket, shave your head, grow a goatee then knock on his door asking him to turn the music down! problem solved! :thumbs:

Sounds like a good plan but I'll probably just look like one of the village people!

You have my sympathy - I've had noisy neighbours in the past and it can really get you down.

A colleague of mine at work does voluntary mediation in the evening for the local council. His cases quite often involve this sort of problem. It might be worth checking to see if your council offers this service. Mediation sounds a bit 'namby pamby', but a good mediator can be very effective in these sorts of situations. Hope you get it sorted :thumbs: