Alarm keeps going off

rossm100

Has anyone had any problems with the 370z alarm going off?

Over the past 3 or 4 weeks my alarm has been going off randomly. At first I thought it was the usual wind or a cat or something but having seen it go off with no one near it I'm convinced theres a fault somewhere.

Its now going off about once every other day and tonight i came home to it making a continuous high pitched beep. :wacko: Its going back into the dealership for a second time next week. Last time they stuck it on the diagnostic and it read clear as I thought it would and said it was probably the wind :dry:

Its a really annoying problem and I'm guessing theres not an easy fix. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I have a similar problem when mine is parked on my driveway.

There was also a weird thing that happened one time where our neighbours thought they had a problem with their sky dish because there was a high pitched sound coming from it, but when we checked, it was actually coming from my 370 and it was like the radio waves from the alarm and the sky dish had somehow connected together.

I never have a problem with the car when it's parked just outside my office and it's on a similar gradient and probably more exposed to the wind, so I definately think it's something to do with the signal that the intelligent locking system emits.

There is a button on the plastic bulkhead beind the passenger seat that effectively disables the motion sensor element of the alarm. I did this on a ferry recently. You just push the buttom once and get out and lock the car as normal with the alarm.

If you do this and still get false alarms, then it's probably not a cat or strong winds.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the alarm problems. Car was in the dealership for 3 days and they decided to replace the ECM and also replace a corroded terminal they found. So far the alarm hasn't gone off since (fingers crossed).

I can't really complain about the dealership they seemed to stick at it and not just give up. So :thumbs: to them.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

My alarm has being going off all the time recently. Had neighbours knock my door at 3am asking me to put it off. Is there a know. Fault on the 370? There's not been high winds recently and it appears to just happen at random

Motion sensor.

Could try seeing if that is the issue - switch behind the passenger seat, if not and it is still under warranty go to the dealer armed with the outcome below vvvvv.

Update on the alarm problems. Car was in the dealership for 3 days and they decided to replace the ECM and also replace a corroded terminal they found. So far the alarm hasn't gone off since (fingers crossed).

I can't really complain about the dealership they seemed to stick at it and not just give up. So thumbs.gif to them.

I disable the intrusion and tilt sensor using the switch behind the passenger seat and the alarm still goes off. It is going in for a service in a couple weeks. My car is 4 years old now so not under warranty. it is becoming very embarrassing!

Right, FFS, I'm in this club too now.

Is there any way to lock the car without setting the alarm ?

I can't find away I thought about disconnecting the siren but thought that would bring more issues ...

Strange mine doesn't go off all day at work - I think

But does at night...

Edited by Brayster

Well, yesterday when I got home, I deactivated the tilt and sensors in the cabin and locked the car with the key.

So far, so good. Hasn't gone off yet.

I'll probably tinker with ways of locking it now to try and identify what the issue is.

My money is in the cabin sensors.

As my car sits for 4 weeks at a time sometimes I think the sensors may have got damp or something so I ran the heaters at 30 and at full blast for about half an hour on the way home yesterday in the hope it thawed them out.

Also the 'i' fell off the boot on my Fairlady Z badge.

All in all, a turd of a day for the DATSUN.

My car was in at Infiniti Glasgow yesterday, great service as per usual.

The guy found out through diagnostics that it was one of the switches causing the alarm and pin-pointed it to the Bonnet Switch. He said it is common on the Infiniti car as they are exposed to the elements.

If anybody has this problem with their 370Z it could well be something this simple.

Edited by mike89
  • Like 3