Introduction (Long Overdue..)

Hi folks - I've been browsing this suberb forum for a while now but still a posting virgin, so thought it was about time I broke my duck and introduced myself properly...

Up until last summer I was quite happily driving around in my old Jap V6, nice wee motor and individual enough that it turned heads:-

fto1.jpg

Then a mate in work decided to get an M3 and although I'm not a fan of the car (sooo common), I became very jealous of the power!!

So after many drunken conversations with him about 'life being too short', 'you are only young once' etc. etc. blah, blah ..... I started searching about for a replacement for the FTO.

Three criteria had to be met...

1. Individual

2. Power

3. Price

Nearly went for a 2nd hand 911, but then the servicing costs scared me a bit :scare: - and checking the autotrader etc, they didn't quite give as big a tick on criteria 1 as I was looking for....(I will still get one though - one day...)

After not too much research I realised it had to be the Z - I had loved them since the original press release - so started looking around for a suitable car.

I was thinking that I would have to travel southwards to get the right motor since not too many 'right' cars were available in sunny Scotland, then one Saturday morning (after the night before) I spotted a contender on autotrader and it was only 20miles away..

Still feeling a bit tender from the previous evenings festivities I asked the wife if she fancied driving me to Glasgow to look at the car, but when she declined I had to drop a couple of paracetemol, grab some banana milk (top hangover cure!) and nipped upto Glasgow on my own...

...One exhilirating test drive later, I parted with a few grand and the car was mine (actually had to wait a few weeks until the previous owners private plate was replaced - I HATE waiting on new toys!!)...

Cue the 'they forgot to paint it' comments, but hopefully the other GM owners will stick up for me (and at least you dont HAVE to clean it every other day for it to look good!! :p ):-

z2.jpg

Guess the previous owner must have had some taste as they had already replaced the 'burgers' for me:-

z1.jpg

So that was in July last year and I haven't stopped smiling since.. :yahoo:

Only mod so far has been the obligatory 'stubby'... and the nice man at Nissan also gave me four brand new Rays since the laquer was bubbling a wee bit - didn't actually notice it, but the guy at the garage where I bought it pointed it out to me and started the warranty claim (which took >2months but got sorted in the end..)...

So no longer a posting virgin! - dont think I will turn into a post whore but I will stick the odd opinion in from time to time...

Must, go - its dry here for once, so time to get washing and polishing.... :D [/img]