Google Nexus 7 :cloud9:

I used to really be an advocate of andriod's. "people who use apples are stupid" I used to say. You know they always say oh the iphone has changed my life.

Well the iphone DID change my life. Throwing hardware at a software problem is pointless IMO. Android is still clunky and no where near as smooth as IOS.

This is of very little use to the thread, but i designed the recycling bins that Google use in all their offices, and they're called Nexus 100's ... i actually think they nicked the name from us :D

Well I believe that google have used the label nexus for the last 3 years at least.

I designed it in 2007 and the name was about on another product years before that :p

I used to really be an advocate of andriod's. "people who use apples are stupid" I used to say. You know they always say oh the iphone has changed my life.

Well the iphone DID change my life. Throwing hardware at a software problem is pointless IMO. Android is still clunky and no where near as smooth as IOS.

this x 100000

see i went from iPhone to Android as i was banging my head with IOS. never had any problems with android, but then i probably dont tax it that much, i don't do major things with it.

You must in the small minority, most people after using IOS love it.

Its just better. Samsung, HTC and Google are doing this whole right quad core x amount of ram and so on this phone will be brilliant. Where as apple is saying how can we make this phone easier to use then building the hardware around that. I've not used a phone in a while thinking wow this needs a faster CPU I'm usually think well they didn't design this os or program very well. I'm still a pc sort of guy but when it comes to phones Apple did it on em.

Throwing hardware at a software problem is pointless IMO. Android is still clunky and no where near as smooth as IOS.

Never have I ever agreed with anything you've said more :D Absolutely spot-on, couldn't have put it better myself.

This does look like a decent bit of kit. It's too small for my personal taste, but the specs are very good for the price. It's just a shame it's hampered by the OS still, as well having a laggy touchscreen interface*. Then again, this isn't going up against any Apple product, it's aimed at the Kindle Fire market.

*All Android stuff has a slower reacting interface than the Apple stuff, regardless of manufacturer. Can't see this changing that.

It looks a half decent product at a price point that may pull potential customers away from the MS surface tablet as the entry point offering is supposed to be priced competitivly with the iPAD. the screens on both products are 7" and this seems a little small to me however I'll reserve judgement until i've had the opportunity to have a play.

Oh and as far as "Nexus" is concerned I automatically think Cisco.... :wacko:

EDITED: The "surface" is a bigger screen so not much of a comparison at all, dont know where i got 7" from... probably the Kindle Fire :bangin: