Broken 350 on test drive

Crunched

Buy it then, you obviously are not interested in listening to anything anyone advises :lol:

Thanks for the helpful contribution.

Wasso - Yeah I will have a think about it, im in no rush, ive still got my other car to get me about in so it can wait.

Dannyboy - Advice noted.

This is actually the 3rd zed ive viewed. The first was rougher than a bears behind. The 2nd was some pr1ck selling it on with a log book loan hed just taken out on it - which is still up for sale, tut.

Ill see what vik comes back with

I love noobs. Rock up....ask for advice.....don't like advice.....get shirty :lol:

I say buy it.......it its all ok then happy days - you get a sweet semi modded car and at a bargain price to boot.

If its knackered then we get to point and laugh and zmanalex gets a few grand off you.

Everyone's a winner baby!

:lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy it then, you obviously are not interested in listening to anything anyone advises :lol:

Thanks for the helpful contribution.

Wasso - Yeah I will have a think about it, im in no rush, ive still got my other car to get me about in so it can wait.

Dannyboy - Advice noted.

This is actually the 3rd zed ive viewed. The first was rougher than a bears behind. The 2nd was some pr1ck selling it on with a log book loan hed just taken out on it - which is still up for sale, tut.

Ill see what vik comes back with

I love noobs. Rock up....ask for advice.....don't like advice.....get shirty :lol:

I say buy it.......it its all ok then happy days - you get a sweet semi modded car and at a bargain price to boot.

If its knackered then we get to point and laugh and zmanalex gets a few grand off you.

Everyone's a winner baby!

Dont we just love Ricey......... :thumbs:

Its closeby - granted. But to be honest I loved the prospect of driving mine 150 miles back home after buying it.

Its in budget range. But so are lots of other ones.

It has a Milltek and some LEDs. Not a deal breaker, I would never buy a broken car because it happens to have an aftermarket exhaust.

People are trying to be helpful, they are a knowledgable lot, they are not (on the whole) taking the pi$$. Yes you could buy any car and it goes wrong, but you are certainly increasing the odds of that happening buying one off a dealer who is sticking on the market in poor condition.

Its your call - but if parts do start failing, a Zed is not a cheap piece of kit to repair and your few hundred quid saved will turn into a few thousand lost.

And the drivers side seat bolster looks worn

Mods you missed

- stubby aerial

- grim gear knob

- some sort of Double din aftermarket radio

- aftermarket spoiler

- carbon wrapped centre console

- limo tinted windows (rear quarter and back window)

- black zed badges.

If the dealer wants to 'fix' the car provide a full list of the work done and gives you a sensible gaurantee, great, otherwise walk away. When I bought my Z it had the clickly axel problem i didnt notice during the test drive (found out a few days later). The dealer was pretty reasonable about it but insisted he fixed it (well within his rights) but it was still hassel to drive the car down, get a hire car, worry stress blah bla blah. Love my Z and spare no expense on keeping her in perfect shape, point being that if you buy from someone whose looked after it your feeling more secure, chances of anything happening are much lower and you should be avoiding any hassle. If id spotted the clicky axel on mine id probably have walked away or demanded it was fixed before a 2nd test drive and garanteed not to reappear for 18 months or whatever. Simply isnt worth the risk and thats for the common clicky axel let alone the engine! Z's arent common but they arent rare either, theres enough out there at good prices you can walk away if something isnt right. Like others I spent 6 months looking for mine, I saw some greta ones and terrible ones but always took my time, did my research and balanced it around what else was out there.

End of the day its your choice but id pay for the security if I was you!