Sarnie's new wheels

Sarnie

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock locking wheel bolts should be fine as far as I know.

As for centre caps, best ask your supplier... ;)

As for the centre caps I was just asking generically, do centre caps usually come with wheels? As you can tell, I've never bought a set of wheels :blush:

As for the centre caps I was just asking generically, do centre caps usually come with wheels? As you can tell, I've never bought a set of wheels :blush:

You normally get centre caps. Work don't give them though and don't sell them for some wheels, (race look).

As for wheel nuts, it depends on the design of the wheels. Some have to have the slim wheel nuts. Also, stock wheel nuts are quite long to fit in the hole and look stupid on some designs. I bought some short wheel nuts for my Work Wheels.

any sets of wheels I've bought in the past come with caps and nuts :thumbs:

I went for the lightweight bolts with my wheels. Their expensive but very light and they match the colour of the wheels.

My volks came with centre caps but they were quite tricky to get out when the wheels were balanced.

I got centre caps with my wheels.

I got nuts too and std wouldn't fit as they are slimmer ones. had to buy specific locking nuts too.

Are you saying that you had to buy nuts or they came with your wheels?

I bought them from Envy. Not sure if I needed them because I never tried the original bolts in them. If the originals had not fitted then yes you will need new bolts. I think they cost around £60 for the lightweight bolts & come in Black, Red & Blue.

Probably best if you check with the supplier that the bolts are supplied.

One (stupid) question:

Can I use the stock locking wheel nuts on with my new rims?

Do centre caps come with new wheels or do I need to order some?

:blush:

Sarnie, knowing the brand of wheels that you are getting....

You normally need to make sure they centre caps come with them as they are an optional extra!

Also, you might need special lugs (nuts) for your wheels as some of tha manufacturers models have a narrow fitting. Therefore you need their lugs. You will find probably that your current locking nut will not fit!

I'd check what you've got agreed with your supplier.....

FFS Sarnie, speak to Chris @ Funkystyling! :wacko:

Even those who know what you're getting are only guessing here. I got centre caps and nuts but mine aren't the same and came from a different supplier.

I find telephones very useful for this sort of enquiry, if a bit 20th century..... ;)

FFS Sarnie, speak to Chris @ Funkystyling! :wacko:

Even those who know what you're getting are only guessing here. I got centre caps and nuts but mine aren't the same and came from a different supplier.

I find telephones very useful for this sort of enquiry, if a bit 20th century..... ;)

Oi, I wasn't guessing...... I know what he's getting just that not every wheel in the full brand range needs lightweight narrow lugs, but I'm pretty sure that he will! But Vals just confirmed anyway.....

Can't believe you got to this stage then found out! How miffed would you be if they turn up and they don't fit cos you don't have the lugs/nuts..... :wacko:

Apparently the stock nuts won't fit with the new rims. Apparantly its also a lottery as to whether they come with lug nuts of their own. Assuming I need to purchase a set, where do I get them from and what should I be looking for?

IAN, where did you get yours from?

bah, tbh I've never heard of a Volk owner who didn't receive lug nuts. centre caps is a different story, (still I would push for having centre caps with my wheels regardless tbh) but lug nuts.... get Chris to sort them included in the price mate ;)