Sarnie's new wheels

Sarnie

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prescience
thank God a proper set of wheels on a Zed, once in a while :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Not again!! lol B)

Exactly. Val how you do you resolve the dichotomy between your desire to get a scrooge-like deal on anything and everything and your appreciation (despite your personal choice :p ) of decent wheels :p

it's all about priorities. I prioritise and am happy to spend on things I rate most important, with the money saved through the bargains I buy that have lowest priority B)

another example could be an oil catch can, or say an oil cooler. I wouldn't spend £xxx on branded stuff like Stille, ARC, HKS and so on when I can find all the info in order to make myself a perfectly functional one and save £XXX B)

Sarnie.... you are not a multi spoke man... hmmm give us the brand at least although I'm quite sure it's Volk ;)

it's all about priorities. I prioritise and am happy to spend on things I rate most important, with the money saved through the bargains I buy that have lowest priority B)

another example could be an oil catch can, or say an oil cooler. I wouldn't spend £xxx on branded stuff like Stille, ARC, HKS and so on when I can find all the info in order to make myself a perfectly functional one and save £XXX B)

Sarnie.... you are not a multi spoke man... hmmm give us the brand at least although I'm quite sure it's Volk ;)

I'll tell you what they are not. They aren't those horrible blue CE38's :yuck:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, my new rims should be being manufactured in the land of the rising sun as we speak! :teeth:

My next question is what to do with my current GT4 rims?? Do I sell them to offset the cost of the new ones? Do I keep them for winter and take the full hit on the cost of the new ones? How much harder will it be to sell me zed with aftermarket alloys? If i keep the GT4's and look to sell my new rims upon sale of the zed how much of a return can you expect to get on second hand wheels?

:headhurt:

Ok, my new rims should be being manufactured in the land of the rising sun as we speak! :teeth:

My next question is what to do with my current GT4 rims?? Do I sell them to offset the cost of the new ones? Do I keep them for winter and take the full hit on the cost of the new ones? How much harder will it be to sell me zed with aftermarket alloys? If i keep the GT4's and look to sell my new rims upon sale of the zed how much of a return can you expect to get on second hand wheels?

I reckon when your new wheels arrive just sell 'em like you have with the rest of the bolt on goodies you've recently bought and not fitted ;):teeth:

I reckon when your new wheels arrive just sell 'em like you have with the rest of the bolt on goodies you've recently bought and not fitted ;):teeth:

:lol::lol::lol:

You never know, I may have a fit of pique and sell the zed before they arrive ;)

You never know, I may have a fit of pique and sell the zed before they arrive ;)

Any sensible replies from you two jokers this morning? :p

Not the way im feeling this morning!! Played poker till 1 am in a tournament then watched grand prix, now i am at work!!! :scare:

I personally would keep the originals, I think it is always better to sell a car in standard trim, I have all my standard stuff stored ready when the time comes :thumbs:

I personally would keep the originals, I think it is always better to sell a car in standard trim, I have all my standard stuff stored ready when the time comes :thumbs:

Yep keep them :thumbs:

How much could a set a GT4's go for without tyres? All four tyres need replacing. Infact it was searching for new tyres that prompted me to buy some new rims. It was really pissing me off to pay £500 for a set of 18's, so £2500 later I have a set of 19's coming :lol:

How much could a set a GT4's go for without tyres? All four tyres need replacing. Infact it was searching for new tyres that prompted me to buy some new rims. It was really pissing me off to pay £500 for a set of 18's, so £2500 later I have a set of 19's coming :lol:

I did see a set sell on Ebay last year but with as new tyres fitted , I think they made close to a Grand , but they had £500 quids worth of rubber attached :)