Vinyl number plate

Luke0549

Hi all.

Just fitted my vinyl front plate. Looks better than having a massive front number plate bracket on the front.

Cost me £5 off eBay.

All legit size, spacing etc. and yeah, I know it's not legal, but they'll have to be seriously anal to do anything about it.

Would recommend!

I'll get a pic up soon!

Looks good. :thumbs:

Alot of us remove the mount and just stick the normal number plate to the bumper anyway. ;)

Good alternative though.

Yeah I would have done that, but the previous owner obviously got carried away when screwing it on and cracked it around the screw.

how in hell did i forget this could be done? please someone slap me!!!!

i hate having bolt going through my number plate i had tried to stick my plate straight onto my bumper but i dont think the sticky pads i used were stong enough so i ended up just using the same bolts and holes for the holder! (make sense?)

until i read this thread i had forgotten about these! (even though i had one on my old fiesta track car, what a complete dickhead)

awesome work mate, nice mod looks really good!

I used Halfords plate tape, holds my plate on the bumper although it does look like it is hanging on rather than properly stuck on - I considered these also glad someone has taken the plunge - are they reflective? I saw similar on ebay which claimed to be reflective?

It doesn't seem to be reflective.

But I was driving home from Hatfield forum around 2am last night and police were camped out everywhere. One came behind me and done the usual number plate checks then they drove on past me. So would have easily seen it.

So no bother really.

I'm sure you could get reflective, but I didn't know it had to be until you lot asked earlier!

But I was driving home from Hatfield forum around 2am last night and police were camped out everywhere. One came behind me and done the usual number plate checks then they drove on past me. So would have easily seen it.

So no bother really.

I'm sure you could get reflective, but I didn't know it had to be until you lot asked earlier!

thats good enough proof for me! i will get mine ordered now i think :)

How would they have seen if your front plate was reflective if they came up behind you? ;)

I read that the font, size and spacing are a standard.

The plate has to be reflective and needs suppliers post code on it.

Also need some BS mark to make it MoT passable!

One thing I'm not sure on is actual plate size.

I'd quite like to reduce the length of mine, remove the

EU flag from the left and the fresh air from the right.

Is this allowed??

Not wishing to pee on anybodies parade but in 2008 they change the rule that said all number plates had to be screwed or bolted on. The met Police and surrey had a big campaign on and even fitted them for you at there expense at your local police Station.

I 1st found out 18 months ago when WLMG went to MOT my Pathfinder and refused to mot it until l had them changed.

last month my local bobby re - confirmed this was correct and gave me a set or screws the cheeky sod.

After drinking my coffee we went on the DVLA web site and there is was clear as day. dammed annoying as I just bought somy Vinal plates with carbon numbers. I had intended taking of the front like the other gut has done.

Very tempting to put them on and glue screw covers on lol

Not wishing to pee on anybodies parade but in 2008 they change the rule that said all number plates had to be screwed or bolted on. The met Police and surrey had a big campaign on and even fitted them for you at there expense at your local police Station.

I 1st found out 18 months ago when WLMG went to MOT my Pathfinder and refused to mot it until l had them changed.

last month my local bobby re - confirmed this was correct and gave me a set or screws the cheeky sod.

After drinking my coffee we went on the DVLA web site and there is was clear as day. dammed annoying as I just bought somy Vinal plates with carbon numbers. I had intended taking of the front like the other gut has done.

Very tempting to put them on and glue screw covers on lol

Can you provide a link to that?

A quick google didn't through it up. I found crime prevention info but nothing that's law.

Here'sa link to the DVLA website stating the rules for displaying registration numbers

Absolutely no mention of screwing the plate in at all, and there's nothing on the MOT either. Stick-on plates (not vinyl) are fine. :)

The same link I posted. I read it multiple times and couldn't see that.

I have also passed my pretty much every MOT my cars have had with stuck on plates.