Watches

mc

No disrespect intended to anyone with an expensive watch (and believe me I'd quite like a Rado watch) but I think they almost immediately make you look a bit of a prat unless your loaded.

The PC world example above is a prime example - you just look like you've spunked all your cash on a watch to look cool and in doing so have immediately become uncool.

The coolest thing a multimillionaire could do is buy a cheap Casio!

Rados aren't even particularly expensive, in fact some of the most expensive watches are a lot more understated.

I love watches and whatever you spend I think is justified if it makes you feel and look good. I like Citizen which by watch £ standards is not high.

I bought an £8 Casio on my travels recently for work and have to say it is great! Looks good, tells the time spot on, gives the date and even has an alarm.

There is a lot to be said for cheapo watches :)

No disrespect intended to anyone with an expensive watch (and believe me I'd quite like a Rado watch) but I think they almost immediately make you look a bit of a prat unless your loaded.

The PC world example above is a prime example - you just look like you've spunked all your cash on a watch to look cool and in doing so have immediately become uncool.

The coolest thing a multimillionaire could do is buy a cheap Casio!

So I am a prat because I like to colect rolex? Hmm strange. I actually think it finishes off the way you look. People spend a fortune on clothes, shoes etc but for me... if your wearing a nice suit then the finishing touch is a nice watch. It shows a bit of class. Anyone can go out and buy expensive watches but its how you wear them that makes the difference. Its like when people hate porsche drivers etc.... is it just because of the badge? I dont get it but hey..

Your minted so rules don't apply

:lol::lol:

I wish I was bud :thumbs:

;)

It's all about what YOU get pleasure from spending your money on.

In response to Dans point absofrickinglutrly bob. It just I love cars......I should imagine most people who see me in a flash car think 'what a *****' - same way that I do that to them.....its an irrational reaction that I have.

Doesn't stop me wanting a flash car or a really expensive watch......but I now it will have to opposite effect to making me look cool (except in the eyes of those that know......I.E enthusiasts)

My initials are TAG and I got a TAG Heuer for my 18th birthday, I still wear it everyday.

It was the cheapest of the range at the time and I got a good deal on it and could probably sell it on for more than was paid for it, it's like this one:

4706142047_8a201a189a.jpg

I have an Omega Sea Master. Iv always wanted a nice classy watch, and after i passed my probation at RB I treated myself to it. I personally like the engineering and the detail of nice watches,as I do on any piece that is well engineered and has good attention to detail. I had it serviced this year,and yes it was expensive,but at the same time, the place told me that it had appreciated in value by £400, and I could trade it in if I wanted to. Its all about what floats your boat at the end of the day. I wouldnt buy a TAG, but then thats me.