Samsung S3

spursmaddave

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you can also set up a google account and transfer all contacts onto that ready for an android phone

+1 and much the easier way :thumbs: If you already have an Android phone you will need a gmail account anyway if you want to download anything from Android market. Once you have setup your account it normally stores automatically the numbers stored in your phone. :)

I ve got currently an iPhone 4 32gb that I will be selling....

Whats the condition like? I have a 3GS but the back of it is broken so need a new phone. Waiting for the 5 as I hope it has NFC.

That or hopefully after the Olympics, work will have a branded S3 that I can nab :lol:

I ve got currently an iPhone 4 32gb that I will be selling....

Whats the condition like? I have a 3GS but the back of it is broken so need a new phone. Waiting for the 5 as I hope it has NFC.

That or hopefully after the Olympics, work will have a branded S3 that I can nab :lol:

I will recondition it as its got cosmetic scratches on the casing. Works fine apart from that....but i am fed up with the updates and iTunes and the slow applications like the fb app! Also I am fed up with signal issues and the short battery life! Thought I ll give the S3 a try....hoping it will be a bit better than the iPhone.

O2 were giving 220 quid for it but the missus sold her iPhone 3GS 8gb on eBay for 180quid and it was very worn! Hopefully I ll get decent money hehe :)

i think you can also set up a google account and transfer all contacts onto that ready for an android phone

+1. Nice and easy. I setup a gmail account and imported all my emails & contacts from hotmail, yahoo, outlook, everything really! Then once you turn on your new android phone, you key in your gmail email address & password and the phone sets itself up - all your contacts, emails etc will just appear!

Then, if you get a new android phone in the future, you just do the same again. Any apps or books etc.. are all linked to your gmail and will just appear. Nice & easy!

• 2 weeks later...

+1. Nice and easy. I setup a gmail account and imported all my emails & contacts from hotmail, yahoo, outlook, everything really! Then once you turn on your new android phone, you key in your gmail email address & password and the phone sets itself up - all your contacts, emails etc will just appear!

Then, if you get a new android phone in the future, you just do the same again. Any apps or books etc.. are all linked to your gmail and will just appear. Nice & easy!

I am changing my phone Monday. I have Gmail, how do I transfer contacts from my phone to computer or gmail account, I cannot do this :bang::bang:

When you say copy contacts from phone or is it from the sim card and do you do this using the phone or your PC? I really am struggling with this.

Help needed please

I am changing my phone Monday. I have Gmail, how do I transfer contacts from my phone to computer or gmail account, I cannot do this :bang::bang:

When you say copy contacts from phone or is it from the sim card and do you do this using the phone or your PC? I really am struggling with this.

Help needed please

Google it!

Help needed please

Google it!

thanks for your help :headhurt:

Help needed please

Google it!

It's all there I promise, question has been asked a million times before! Also state the phone you are wanting to back up to google mail. ;)

If its an htc then I remember you back upto your sd card first then send to your gmail account. I assume you do have one? And if you do and it's linked to your current phone they should automatically back up anyway

Help needed please

Google it!

It's all there I promise, question has been asked a million times before! Also state the phone you are wanting to back up to google mail. ;)

If its an htc then I remember you back upto your sd card first then send to your gmail account. I assume you do have one? And if you do and it's linked to your current phone they should automatically back up anyway

Yes just backed up from my htc desire to my pc and when I get my new S3 in the morning, hoping it will just copy across. Just taken a little more time than I had tonight :yawn:

Cheers Dave :thumbs::D

Got my Galaxy S3 on contract for free, really happy with the deal at phones 4U. A set of beats head phones for £15, rrp £50 sound amazing and a Samsung flip case rrp £30, had it for £10 :yahoo:

Copied all contacts onto it without any problems, very happy chap :thumbs:

Got my Galaxy S3 on contract for free, really happy with the deal at phones 4U. A set of beats head phones for £15, rrp £50 sound amazing and a Samsung flip case rrp £30, had it for £10 :yahoo:

2 days down the line, any problems?

2 days down the line, any problems?

Amazing phone, great features and good looks, enough about me :lol:

Just been looking at what deals there are atm for the s3, and it looks like if i want to renew and keep on my £26 a month contract, then the s3 will be £200 at Orange. Thats mental. When I got my s2 18 months back it was nowhere near that. 02 seem to be charging the same, so im guessing most of the providers are coming in at similar prices?

Just been looking at what deals there are atm for the s3, and it looks like if i want to renew and keep on my £26 a month contract, then the s3 will be £200 at Orange. Thats mental. When I got my s2 18 months back it was nowhere near that. 02 seem to be charging the same, so im guessing most of the providers are coming in at similar prices?

Went with phones 4U, free phone, unlimited calls, texts and internet for £36 a month on o2 as I needed that provider where I live. Vodafone through phones 4U could do the same tariff at £31 a month. :thumbs:

Does the current S3 do NFC? We have some bling ones at work that do, but they're not for the public unless you happen to by an Olympian ;):lol:

Yup. Three's advert shows it as being an NFC device anyways.

Does the current S3 do NFC? We have some bling ones at work that do, but they're not for the public unless you happen to by an Olympian ;):lol:

Yup. Three's advert shows it as being an NFC device anyways.

Thanks. One of the guys here has just got one and confirmed it is NFC although he has no interest in using it! :bang: Just want to know if the new iPhone will be NFC, if not I will likely go for the S3 when my 3GS finally dies.