Samsung S3

spursmaddave

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my HTC goes into standby, but its always on, if you turn it off the alarm doesn't switch it back on like my old phone did.

apparently the S3 tracks eye movement so as long as your using it it stays on.

And that runs the battery down no doubt which would turn it off anyway :lol:

I bought the S3, its bloody brilliant, went from an S1 to an S3 and it's a huge improvement

After a bit of fiddling and tweaking and getting the phone to work how i want the battery lasts about 2 days worth. That's with using the internet and checking the various apps and playing some games too.

I've played around with the S2 also and the upgrade difference is much less though.

If its anything like the S2 you might as well smash the cumbersome piece of crap against the wall when you take delivery of it (guess what I upgraded to and am stuck with for the next 2 effing years!)

Not a fan then :lol:

I have to say I have an Android tablet and if I had to rely on it as a phone it would end up in a million pieces :lol:

If you are looking for a good phone I would consider the S3 Galaxy. I have an iPhone for work and it does everything it says on the tin but I wouldn't buy one. Now if you are looking for a real piece of s**t then you could always buy a Nokia E7. Trust me it is rubbish and it will be the last Nokia I will ever buy . CRAP.........

i'm due an upgrade at the end of this month, coming to the end of a 2 year contract. currently have HTC desire. have really liked it, but the battery isn't brilliant. trying to work out what to get next. I don't like apple products so don't bother telling me to get an iphone. i know they work, they do exactly what they are supposed to do and are very user friendly. but i don;t like being tied to doing everything the apple way, with only apple software and the hellspawn that is itunes. also don;t like blackberry,

so my short list is

Samsung Galaxy S III

HTC one X

Sony Experia (what ever the top model is)

and the left field choice

do i dare try out a windows mobile with the new windows 8 when it comes out windows apollo on something like

the Nokia n900

i'm due an upgrade at the end of this month, coming to the end of a 2 year contract. currently have HTC desire. have really liked it, but the battery isn't brilliant. trying to work out what to get next. I don't like apple products so don't bother telling me to get an iphone. i know they work, they do exactly what they are supposed to do and are very user friendly. but i don;t like being tied to doing everything the apple way, with only apple software and the hellspawn that is itunes. also don;t like blackberry,

so my short list is

Samsung Galaxy S III

HTC one X

do i dare try out a windows mobile with the new windows 8 when it comes out windows apollo on something like

the Nokia n900

Based on all that you have noted above there is only one piece of reasonable advice.

Just give in, sell your soul.......get an iPhone :p

so my short list is

Samsung Galaxy S III

HTC one X

the Nokia n900

From all accounts the HTC One X is supposed to be brilliant, haven't used it myself but a friend has a sensation and is upgrading to the one x.

I on the other hand stuck with samsung, to me the top 3 contenders are the Iphone, Galaxy and One X.

Iphone for it's user friendly approach

Samsung, for its screen and great use of android

One X for its slightly better performance and some fantastic widgets.

I have a HTC One X, hav to say its a great phone.

Always preffered the build quality of HTC over the Samsungs more plastic, creeky bendy feel.

whats the battery like on it?

as always depends on how much your using it and for what, But you get a day to day and a half.

Still don't know why every other phone I've had since...Nokia N68 maybe?..lets me bluetooth a picture from one phone to another, but Apple seem to think this is something you shouldn't do?

And don't get me started on iTunes and photo galleries that you can't edit on the device! utter tosh!

Don't get the iTunes comment Rich.... you can purchase your music anyway you want, add it automatically to iTunes and wireless sync it.... how is that hellish :shrug:

i had no end of trouble with my wifes itunes when she bought an Imac, she wanted her music off her old computer on to the new one, but as itunes seems to register your device to itunes and all your tracks to one device it won;t let you trnasfer them very easily. (her itunes was bigger than her device, and she only decided she wanted it after i had partially dismantled her old PC so was trying to pull it off the hard drive.

i don't like the layout, i don't like the format, i don;t like the way the software embeds itself so deep in your CPU.

i didn't used to like the fact that it only wrote music in apple format (this has now been changed) which meant you could only play stuff from itunes on apple devices.

Itunes and apple stuff is fine for people who have no interest in computers, but if you want to do anything outside the apple parameters its incredibly frustating stuff ti work with.

the Nokia n900

Would avoid the current Windows Phone devices... They run a 2 year old CPU and highly unlikely to receive Windows Phone 8 being announced later today.

Have seen a good review of the LG Optimus 4X HD but that's not out yet and won't be widely available.

I have a HTC One X, hav to say its a great phone. Always preffered the build quality of HTC over the Samsungs more plastic, creeky bendy feel.

HTC have just admitted there's a build quality flaw in the One X that results in weak wi-fi ;)http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_admits_wifi_hardware_issue_on_the_international_one_x-news-4407.php

Don't get the iTunes comment Rich.... you can purchase your music anyway you want, add it automatically to iTunes and wireless sync it.... how is that hellish :shrug:

i had no end of trouble with my wifes itunes when she bought an Imac, she wanted her music off her old computer on to the new one, but as itunes seems to register your device to itunes and all your tracks to one device it won;t let you trnasfer them very easily. (her itunes was bigger than her device, and she only decided she wanted it after i had partially dismantled her old PC so was trying to pull it off the hard drive.

i don't like the layout, i don't like the format, i don;t like the way the software embeds itself so deep in your CPU.

i didn't used to like the fact that it only wrote music in apple format (this has now been changed) which meant you could only play stuff from itunes on apple devices.

Itunes and apple stuff is fine for people who have no interest in computers, but if you want to do anything outside the apple parameters its incredibly frustating stuff ti work with.

Erm.... no it isn't

If you do a fresh install then the default settings are to rip tracks into apples own format, which is actually very good compression and quality wise, certainly better than MP3 but anyway I currently have over 50,000 tracks on iTunes and have no problem when I reinstall windows on my PC something I do every few months to keep everything working well :thumbs:

If you set up iTunes correctly to manage your folders and music files it organises them, moves then wherever you want it to when you add them and if you use mp3tag then everything looks spot on too...

I think the problem is more 'user error' than Apple's software ;)

I have my PC in the front room and I can control iTunes via my phone, tablet, one4all remote I can even sit in the bath and change the tracks on my speakers in there while the missus is watching Emmerdale :yahoo:

The most frustrating thing I have found is if you have a device, say an iPod with lots of music on and the PC packs up and it won't let you synch to the device but there is plenty of free software out there that lets you plug in the device and extract all the music from it just like it was a HD, I have done this many times for friends :thumbs:

[quote name="lrh"

I have a HTC One X' date=' hav to say its a great phone. Always preffered the build quality of HTC over the Samsungs more plastic, creeky bendy feel.

[/quote]

HTC have just admitted there's a build quality flaw in the One X that results in weak wi-fi ;)http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_admits_wifi_hardware_issue_on_the_international_one_x-news-4407.php

the issue only affects a small number of the international Tegra 3 version of the One X. Mines fine and HTC have sorted the issue

Well my 18 month old HTC Desire is falling apart with random reboots and SD card incompatibility/corruption. Wi-Fi has been crap since I put Gingerbread on it.

This year's HTC's are an improvement on last years though, except the Desire C and One V which are rehashes of old models.