Serious 'ring' driving

oj121

Caught this on youtube. Prob been posted before but still.......... :drive1

That guy:

A) Must 'live' at the track

B) Have some serious talent

C) Testicles so big he has had to take the passenger seat out to accomodate them.

I prob going for all of the above!!

That bloke must have gone round the ring more times than ive driven to work!

Made me nervous just watching

Yes me too. I just wasnt manly enough to admit it first. Had funny rollercoaster tummy at times the speed he was carrying.

Having never been there - and unlikely to - where is the start and finish points, who does the times ? :thumbs:

Start is at the top end of the main straight, and the end is back at the start of the straight. You leave / queue for the next lap at either end of the pits.

No official time keeping.

Amazing place, so glad i went it was awesome and terrifying at the same time. The ring finished me off after 3 laps. Loved it.

Seen the vid before but its worth watching again. :thumbs:

Last time I was there was a bit over a year ago. Between 5 and half 7 in the avo me and the gf completed 8 pairs of laps if I remember correctly with the hood down and we had to stop cos we run out of petrol and front pads plus we needed to drive back to Rotterdam the next day and needed to get back to Frankfurt. The laps included the f1 track! For some reason which was awesome...it was a detour from turn 2 or 3 I think all the way round the f1 track and then back to turn 4 or something like that.

First 2 laps we admired the track and I tried to get the gf used to it ;)

The next 2 laps were fairly fast but kept getting stuck in traffic as they used cones here and there and all sorts!

Only 2 laps were properly fast and around 10 mins but that's including the f1 track! I would say about 8.30 without it. Then it got a bit damp getting late avo and the supersports started to struggle on oem cambers and toes :)

The ring is great fun midweek and guys who have been there a few times will spot the odd wrong line or missed braking point on the above video....need to go back soon :(

Am i the only one that was watching that thinking "would of hit that..", "and that", "ooh and that", "thats a nice field ...would of been in that"?

No no your not. I love watching people with serious skill. Im not a bad driver at all but being able to watching someone who can (or more to the point has the cahunas) to pus hthe car to those points is thoroughly enjoyable.

Am i the only one that was watching that thinking "would of hit that..", "and that", "ooh and that", "thats a nice field ...would of been in that"?

I think back to my laps and I think, how did I not hit that? Or that? How did I not end up in that field?!