Which iPad?

Sarnie

Ok, so the consensus is to forget the iPad 1. And then get the 3 if it's. It more than £100 than a 2?

So I'm looking at about £400 for a 3? How come they are like £700 on eBay??

We don't need it to be able to connect to 3G as it will never leave the house so will always be on our wifi......

If you have a modern smart phone you dont need 3G anyway.

Simply turn on the phones portable wifi option and viola ....3G connection

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say that I have been a real anti Apple person in the past until I got a Ipad 1 to use with work. It really does do what is says on the box and works everytime.

I have no experience of other tablets but think potential buyers should look into the Samsung Tablets. I was looking at the Samsung Note as a way forward rather than having to carry a notebook and mobile phone but it is too big as a mobile phone.

For my own use, have just bought a new netbook. I know that it may seem to be older technology but I have a 320 GB Hard Drive, USB Ports Wifi and Bluetooth included at a third of the price of a Ipad 3. No contest in my opinion until Apple include USB and a decent hard drive for a much lower price.

Ok, so the consensus is to forget the iPad 1. And then get the 3 if it's. It more than £100 than a 2?

So I'm looking at about £400 for a 3? How come they are like £700 on eBay??

We don't need it to be able to connect to 3G as it will never leave the house so will always be on our wifi......

If you have a modern smart phone you dont need 3G anyway.

Simply turn on the phones portable wifi option and viola ....3G connection

Yeah always puzzles me why someone would have a smart phone AND a 3G tablet??

Basically apple don't want you interfering with their technology and they wasn't to force you to buy the biggest version.......i got 32gb and its creaking at the seams after synching

How is plugging in a memory card or a usb mouse interfering..... like you say just a way of making you buy the biggest one and upgrading quicker....

Still as long as they keep flying off the shelf why change :shrug:

I got a Motorola Xoom 2 for Xmas it's ok but I recently bought and iPad 1 64gb and it's in a different league, I bought the iPad because you can't upload films to android and I wanted some on there for my holiday. I like my ipad1 it's screen is just as good as the Motorolas and has a better battery. Also the software is miles better :thumbs: .

Also I bought the 1 for 300 with 64gb, so about half price of the newest one and it has the latest iOS.

I don't want to start an Android vs Apple debate as I have both now.... but you can upload pretty much any movie type to android or stream straight from your PC as I do, plenty of free media players on the store. It prefers MP4 as default but it doesn't take much to play avi, xvis, mkv etc etc etc all work pefectly on my humble 1st gen xoom :thumbs:

How is plugging in a memory card or a usb mouse interfering..... like you say just a way of making you buy the biggest one and upgrading quicker....

Because they then have to support all the different types of USB devices and memory cards out there. Want to know why Windows phones areso bloated and slow? Its because they do the opposite of Apple and support every device under the sun. By only having to support their own hardware they can make it super optmised and run really fast on their hardware. Imagine if Abbey tuned every type of engine under the sun rather than focusing on Nissan. By working with Nissan they learn all the neat tricks to make it run that little bit better. They wouldnt do that if they diversified into loads of other brands. Same thing with Apple. Its annoying on the face of it, but when you try out the swish interface that reacts instantly to your inputs, you can appreciate the effort.

I don't want to start an Android vs Apple debate as I have both now.... but you can upload pretty much any movie type to android or stream straight from your PC as I do, plenty of free media players on the store. It prefers MP4 as default but it doesn't take much to play avi, xvis, mkv etc etc etc all work pefectly on my humble 1st gen xoom :thumbs:

All my movies are from triple play blu-ray discs so I couldn't get them on my Xoom as nearly all of them upload to iTunes and I couldnt work out how to do it :blush:

All my movies are from triple play blu-ray discs so I couldn't get them on my Xoom as nearly all of them upload to iTunes and I couldnt work out how to do it :blush:

:lol:

And yes Chris it makes a slick interface I completely and utterly agree there :thumbs:

I have an iPhone because it is the best, I have an Android tablet because it lets me do what I want not what Apple want to let me do, even if most of the time I stuff it up :lol:

I have an iPhone because it is the best

My phone contract is up and i said i was going to have an iphone this time around but having seen the latest HTC One X and the Samsung Galaxy S3 i am now not so sure. TBH i think these new current phones make the 4S look like it was knocked up in someone's shed! :lol:

I have an iPhone because it is the best

My phone contract is up and i said i was going to have an iphone this time around but having seen the latest HTC One X and the Samsung Galaxy S3 i am now not so sure. TBH i think these new current phones make the 4S look like it was knocked up in someone's shed! :lol:

As has every smart phone brought out in the last 2 years :yawn:

As usual with me impulse took over and I bought a new ipad 3 off a mate who won it thru his work the other day.

It's a 4G 16gb one and the screen is very noticeably better.

But I have an iPad2 64GB 3G model on Orange so don't know whether to keep this and sell the ipad3 or keep the ipad3 and sell the ipad2, which one will I get the most money for?

Would I get £450 for the ipad2?