Which iPad?

Sarnie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The UK is never getting 4G on the same frequency as the US, so the 4G iPads will never be able to make use of that speed over here. IIRC they're still arguing over exactly what frequency they are going to use, so it still hasn't even been decided which networks will be offering 4G.

We're so backwards over here sometimes, it hurts. :(

I got an iPad 3 yesterday (white, 16GB, not 3G); this is my first experience of a tablet and Apple. The screen is lovely and it seems that everything Apple is sexy... Even opening the box seems nice somehow!?

I do like it but I have noticed a couple of annoying things already. I can't believe that Adobe flash is not supported. Within 30 min of general Internet browsing I came across three websites where I couldn't view videos. Is there any (legal) way around this?

Also it doesn't seem to support a link up with my Samsung Galaxy S2 - for 3G?? This is not a major issue to me but annoying nevertheless.

What is 4G??

Like 3G but faster ;)

Probably wont be in your area for at least another year or 2, thats if we're lucky :dry:

And 3G dosen't work half the time anyway or you cant get it! :dry:

I just make sure when I am away anywhere that the hotel has wifi :lol:

I've found 3G works better on my iPad than iPhone, I assume because it has a bigger antenna. Still a bit woeful though. Just make sure you dont depend on it. Thats why I bought a Garmin GPS (800) for the bike ;)

I got an iPad 3 yesterday (white, 16GB, not 3G); this is my first experience of a tablet and Apple. The screen is lovely and it seems that everything Apple is sexy... Even opening the box seems nice somehow!?

I do like it but I have noticed a couple of annoying things already. I can't believe that Adobe flash is not supported. Within 30 min of general Internet browsing I came across three websites where I couldn't view videos. Is there any (legal) way around this?

Also it doesn't seem to support a link up with my Samsung Galaxy S2 - for 3G?? This is not a major issue to me but annoying nevertheless.

:lol: someone had an impluse buy without doing their research.

Nope.........Apple do NOT like anything interfering with their Naziesque grip on their techonology. They don't want you to link to ANYTHING that isn't Apple basically.

Flash isn't supported on any Apple device I don't think.

Basically if your going to buy Apple then you need to buy everything Apple - Phone, MP3 player, Tablet, Computer (to a letter extent).

:lol: someone had an impluse buy without doing their research.

Nope.........Apple do NOT like anything interfering with their Naziesque grip on their techonology. They don't want you to link to ANYTHING that isn't Apple basically.

Flash isn't supported on any Apple device I don't think.

Basically if your going to buy Apple then you need to buy everything Apple - Phone, MP3 player, Tablet, Computer (to a letter extent).

Gulity on the impulse buy... They look so nice!! :lol:

The Evo interactive mag is quite cool by the way...

Download skyfire. Its not perfect buts its ok.

Get it jailbroken :p