I can't fully make up my mind...

Cragus

One of the girls I used to work with had an Elise as her daily driver. Needless to say she was a nutter :bangin::lol:

Great little car though. Completely different to the Zed mind. You can quite easily do long distance in a Zed, no chance in a Lotus.

One of the girls I used to work with had an Elise as her daily driver. Needless to say she was a nutter :bangin::lol:

Great little car though. Completely different to the Zed mind. You can quite easily do long distance in a Zed, no chance in a Lotus.

I have driven some considerable distances in my VX220 when I had it, only pain in the arse was having to unclip your harnesses at junctions :lol:

To be fair they require more attention to drive if that makes sense, like you feel more fatigued after a long trip. But its always fun, especially on the A048's oh my the grip!

I think crazy little plastic shitbox gokart on rails is deffo something everyone has to own at somepoint :yahoo:

after selling my zed a few months ago i'm commiting to either a s2 exige, 111R elise or the newer SC'd elise.

as many here by the sounds of it, considered a 370 but can't justify the costs for what is essentially a weekend car.

Doesn't seem to be that many 111R's around at the minute though :(

'Course you can, you big girl! :boxing::lol:

No that would be Amanda. Good luck if you have a missus getting them to sit in an Elise/Exige for long distances. No trouble in the Zed though. Its all horses for courses though. ;)

after selling my zed a few months ago i'm commiting to either a s2 exige, 111R elise or the newer SC'd elise.

as many here by the sounds of it, considered a 370 but can't justify the costs for what is essentially a weekend car.

Doesn't seem to be that many 111R's around at the minute though :(

Go for S2 Exige or SC Elise but not an na one as they just aren't fast enough :thumbs:

Interesting topic, I've heard on here a few times that the elise is cheap to run? Especially compared to the zed. Is this true then?

I do love the Elise's and my car is pretty much weekend toy only. I may have to sell it soon to get a house so was thinking of an S2 Elise to replace it in the future. Or a 370Z when prices come down.

Interesting topic, I've heard on here a few times that the elise is cheap to run? Especially compared to the zed. Is this true then?

I guess it is mainly because of the low mass. This results in a reasonable mpg and less wear on tyres etc. I think insurance is similar?

Although I havent owned the Exige I have had an Elise and it is just about as different to a Zed as you can get . Its secret lies in weight not just power . If you are using it on the road only even the basic car is too quick to expoit the handling as they corner like nothing else on earth. HOWEVER even for a weekend car do not undersestimate the practicality issue. I am 54 and overweight , so I should knowbetter but beleive me even young fit gutys struggle getting in and out of an exige. If you put your car in a garage make sure you can open the doors properly as you need to sit on the sill to get out, and you can only do this with the doors open . Easy at a racetrack - a pig on a day to daty basis . The car is fragile too, gearchanges get sloppy etc - you have to look after them and drive them with mechanical sympathy . Having said that if you want a true enthusiasts car that drives like a racer there is nothing much to touch them . Unless of course you get a well sorted Caterhatm or Westfield ( and most are not well sorted) . Having owned 4 Westfileds the last one weighing 450kg and 200 bhp there is little else that is so enjoyable on 4 wheels.

Lotus will always hold it price because it can be used for motorsport and they do use a lot less Petrol when driven hard than a Zed.