drive shaft claim cared4warranty

bmg

hi everyone, after buying all my servicing parts from zmanalex and taking the car to the recommended alex f noble and sons in edinburgh (100 mile round trip) they done all the work but recommemded my drive shafts were stripped to sort out the clicking. even after one service with them they provided such good service am going to take the car back to get the inspection done, they were pretty confident it would fall under the drive train warranty. my cars only don 45k nissan approved used car. so i would agree with them. only i know warranty companies can be a nightmare, although ive been fairly successful in the past. but i am going to post up my experience from start to finish in the off chnace it can help someone else , or if i can get input . my experince will be off the warranty company as it will be them that have the decision not the dealers there just the middle man. any way car just back from the service and am going to book it back in with nissan in a week or so , shall keep you posted

buy often do you mean it can often be successful. it is just a click at the end of the day but still it effects me driving with my window down. fingers crossed, i enjoy a good battle. i would say am saving them money by sorting it before it destrys other parts. only had the car for a month and already had it serviced 5000 miles before it was due, so hopefully it will get sorted. will be intresting to see what happens, hopefully not me having to pay a huge bill. the garage did mention they could switch them over e.g left to right and that usually sorts it out . so worst case scenario i have a 600 quid bill for repairs or warranty company sort it all out. am pretty much going for all replacement parts as i deem them to be a manufacturers flawed part. the clicking noise is making me lose confidence in driving the car and am reluctant to drive it anywhere ;)

yeah ive done a fair bit or reseach on this site, also some american sites, i know the rotate and regrease method is the simple cheap quick fix, but my argumnet is why should i have to dip my hand in my pocket to drive a car without a click. am going to see if i can take it all the way and get new parts , i think they will come back with the rotate and regrease thing or they will say is wear and tear or they need the parts to fail first. thats fine but the wear and tear wasnt done by me. ive only done 1500 mile since i got the car and already done the rear drop links which mill nissan in harrogate replaced free of charge, they were really good. il see what happens, but am reluctant to accpet anything but new parts for the car, i travelled and paid a little over the odds for the car for some peace of mind. so peace of mind i will have, ive no issues with going direct to the warranty company, mill nissan where i bought the car, or even nissan uk. only the best for my zed will do...but in all my approaches i think you get more with sugar than you do with salt.

i know the clicky axle thing is very very common, but why should it be common? i wanted to start this thread to give an over view of my experience with the click axle and the costs and sible routes to take. might be a pointless exercise but hey thats my time to waste and if i can help a few people it will be worth it.

also anyone reading this zmanalex does the clicky axle repair kit next day delivery, which may be a route i take if am unlucky.. who knows

• 3 weeks later...

took the car to nobles today, and drove away in my micra courtesy car. so far the warranty company have refused the drive shaft as its not actually failed, in the warranty companys opinion, its a maintenance part and they said the lubrication has dried out. i asked them to point out where in any literature that it states the cv joints must be relubed and checked, its a sealed part. i also said if the lubrication has dried out that it has therefor failed in that sense. trying everything here. the garage i took my car to have said the part hasnt actually failed. from here i decided to call nissan uk to start the ball rolling, in my opinion the part has failed as its making a noise , not tipical of the part. ibe told the warranty company that i will go back to the garage where i bought the car from and statrt the proceedings for the fit for the purpose of sale act. another comment from the daft warranty company was if i noticed the noise from the start it was sold as seen. very good , unfortunetly am a fairly determined person and am going to take this all the way, for all zed owners with clicky axles, this shouldnt happen, its un exceptable. any way since the balls rolling il give another update, if anyones intrested. either way .b

There is a NTSB on this issue for cars under manufacturers warranty.

Step 1: Lub and rotate:

Step 2: Replace axle slide with upgraded slide.

The slides have code numbers on them so that Nissan technicians know if they have been upgraded at any time ;)

Alex :)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks alex. iv now got nissan uk, looking into it. am basically pestering everyone. nobles have been great but unfortunetly their hands are tied, am basically have to report the item as needed lubedand not actually broken. the warranty company want to see the part compltely fail and smash into 100 pieces before they will do anything. anyway cheers for the info il bring this up with nissan uk. so fingers crossed, its just money id rather spend on fuel,tyres or front droplinks, instead of something that really shouldnt happen. the argueing goes on.

• 2 weeks later...

warranty company, no go

nissan uk , said the cars to old

mill nissan, said go to the warranty company.

really annoying, but am still going to annoy all the following three about this as i want it fixed. next step complaints procedures, ombudmens (motorcode), tell the original dealers i would like to reject the car under the fit for the purpose of sale act. feck all to lose now,

You won't win!

Why in your opinion is the car Not fit for purpose?

I could contest that a leaking roof I had on my 350 should come under your complaint also?

The car drives ok, all electrics are ok, engines sound........I assume?

Suck it up and do it yourself.

I agree with zugara at the end of the day its likely you are going to have to pay to have it fixed.

If you are going to have a go at them you at least need to call the act the sale of goods act or they will think you are just one of those chancers who likes to see what they can get but does not really have a clue. For what its worth my rough knowledge of the sale of goods act as it applies to secondhand cars is not going to support a position that the car was not fit for purpose at the point of sale - that purpose probably being to be driven along the road.

Gut reaction was, to say you are wasting your time.

But Alex's reminder that a Nissan issued a NTSB for a fix demonstrates its a known problem to the manufacturer.

Warranty company want to argue fair wear and tear/still fit for purpose, to get out of paying.

BUT, the example of insurance companies not covering you if you go on the 'Ring (a public road) demonstrates the use of exclusions to known issues.

In which case if the 350 has a known 'issue' it (or any other 'known' faults) should be specified in the warranty as excluded from cover.....IMHO.

Case for a legal eye to look over the warranty small print, I would suggest ;)

Kinda what I was thinking, Colin.

You whole case hinges on the exact wording of the warranty policy, so post it up and lets have a look at it. Failing that, your argument is with the supplying dealer but you don't mention when you got your car, or whether you've given them a chance to repair it. More details are needed here.

On the warranty if there is such an exclusion you are likely to be sunk. If not however it may not be the answer. The law may provide that where something is a systemic fault (this issue is not just known but seems to happen to most cars) then it they dont have to cover it as then its not insurance against possible failure but moving toward a means of paying for a manufactures fault to be corrected. I dont think thats something you would need to restate in a policy document to be effective if you were willing to defend it all the way.

However there is at least an arguement which looks attractive if there is no specific exclusion and that may be enough to encourage settlement on a relatively low value claim.

Can I do the same for my wife's VW? Abs control module blown, total to fix £2200 known fault on this specific year of car 08 plate, 23k on the clock, VW aren't willing to help or rectify their know problem.

So, where do I stand?

They told us its a manufacturing defect that does affect some cars, but not enough for a recall.

So they are plainly admitting fault, they knowningly put lives at risk but fail to assist their customers.

Got you money now p1ss off.

i got the car in april from mill nissan in harrogate. after a few weeks and the more i frequented this forum i read more about some of the faults. low and behold i heard a click, wasnt a clicking so i thought possilby drop links. the drop links werent covered in the warranty but after a few calls to mill nissan they agreed it wasnt right and paid for it. after the drop links were done, i still noticed a click, took it to nobles in edinburgh as recommended by zmanalex. they put in the warranty claim which was rejected. thats when i decided to contact nissan uk and the warranty company myself. there as much use as tits on a fish. i then went through motor codes got some advice. the sale of goods act states that a car can be rejected if it is found to not be fit for the purpose, the fact they repaired the drop links and at the time i also brought up with them about the other click, it highlights the car wasnt fit for the purpose, this was all highlighted within a few weeks of ownership. They called the drop links a good will gesture, i call it an admission of liability.

so ive takin more advice, as i want the cv joints fixed properly, and i will now give the dealers in harrogate another chance to retify the problem before opening a small claim against them.

the warranty basically states the part has to completely fail, as i pointed out to the warranty company, that if that part completely failed theyd be paying alot more. so am going to continue with it as am determined to get it sorted, i bought an approved used car from nissan for a reason. fair enough it was only 8400 , but that was my 8400 from my savings that i worked hard to earn in a kitchen sweating , cutting large chunks of skin off and burning myself many

times. so am not really willing to suck it up and pay for it myself, nissan earn more money than i do. id much rather spend the money on fuel and tyres. i know il have to dip my hand in my pocket with the car, already have. but i think am well within my rights to have this sorted..ive managed to cause a great monkey @*!# fight about it,, but am ok with that, its turned into a principle thing now, cheers for the input guys. il post some more stuff up as it happens. hopefully it will be worth the effort.

Can I do the same for my wife's VW? Abs control module blown, total to fix £2200 known fault on this specific year of car 08 plate, 23k on the clock, VW aren't willing to help or rectify their know problem.

So, where do I stand?

They told us its a manufacturing defect that does affect some cars, but not enough for a recall.

So they are plainly admitting fault, they knowningly put lives at risk but fail to assist their customers.

Got you money now p1ss off.

i think with alot of these things its all about how much you kick off, the route you take to kick off , and who you kick off to. does this car have any warranty? sorry to hear about that

I think with things like this the AA cover where they will pay for the first £500 of repairs is a good option. All you ever hear with these warranty companies is excuses for not paying out. Why bother paying for someone for something where if you do need to call on them you are going to have to fight tooth and nail for and still get told to pee off.

I think with things like this the AA cover where they will pay for the first £500 of repairs is a good option. All you ever hear with these warranty companies is excuses for not paying out. Why bother paying for someone for something where if you do need to call on them you are going to have to fight tooth and nail for and still get told to pee off.

i know what you mean mate, end of the day , ive got to try these things for the sake of a few calls and a wee letter here and there. good thing to channel anger to. where about in glasgow are you amd wtf is this weather all about!

i know what you mean mate, end of the day , ive got to try these things for the sake of a few calls and a wee letter here and there. good thing to channel anger to. where about in glasgow are you amd wtf is this weather all about!

I hear you - I would pester them for everything I could. I'm just saying in future steer clear of companies like this. The AA one seems pretty good though - my mate with a lotus has it and used it several times with no fuss.

Mate, them fixing your drop links certainly does not mean the car is not fit for purpose under the sale of goods act.

cheers for the info, what i was getting at was they repaired it and said it wasnt right for the car to have a click coming from the rear. thats what i was getting at. it was more them admitting it wasnt right. the car wasnt advertised as comes with clicky noise, it was advertised as greatcondition with nissan approved warranty and fully checked.

I hear you - I would pester them for everything I could. I'm just saying in future steer clear of companies like this. The AA one seems pretty good though - my mate with a lotus has it and used it several times with no fuss.

il look into that after this, effort runs out