drive shaft claim cared4warranty

bmg

Right, forget the warranty, that's not going to help you here.

Your argument is with the supplying dealer. You pointed out a fault within the first three months of ownership, so it'll be presumed that the fault was there from the time you bought it. Take it back to them, and ask them again to repair it. If they won't then get that in writing, along with you asking them to do it and dates of exactly when you originally asked them. Get a copy of the Nissan tech document stating the fault and how to repair, and then get that repair done yourself. Take the bill and go to SCC, you have an easy case here under the SOGA.

Make sure you have all the correct paperwork though, especially with regards to dates.

thanks for that mate. i actually approached the supplying dealers head office today. basically reiterated everything, including the dates. i told them my intention was to reject the car under the sale of goods act. within 10 minutes i had the supplying dealer emailing me to ask the cost, parts and the nominated dealer that i was intending to fix the car. so sent them all the details, fingers crossed see what happens. am going all the way for all the clicky axle sufferers around the globe.

also should have said, ive requested my car to be fully fixed with all new parts, not just a rotate and regrease, nobles in edinburgh have quoted 1600 quid for all the parts and labour. i really cant see mill paying this. but rightfully they should. il update further tommorrow, or when i hear back.

so received a call today from the supplying dealer. they have now went from not willing to help , to looking to come to an agreement on getting the car repaired. so the saga continues. i have said i am going to aim to reject the car under the soga, this seems to have changed a few minds. so hopefully a repairs looking good. fingers crossed.

just back from parks in east kilbride where the warranty company coughed up for two o2 sensors which i was surprised about.

any way the supplying dealer has agreed to do the old rotate amd regrease at nobles in edinburgh for me and they will cover all the costs, it wasnt the whole new drive shfts i was wanting but beggers cant be chooser, they changed there tone after i said i was going to reject the car. so cars getting book in and clicky noise away. so since they have now admitted theres a fault gives me something to come back on of it comes bck.

thanks for your input everyone.