Midnight blue - opinions?

Mikesding

Been looking for a 350z in my price range with the right spec & engine, one seems to have turned up but it is in midnight blue which I didn't originally consider.

Just wondered what peoples opinions of it were? And whether I should go for it even though I was originally looking for a gunmetal one.

Cheers!

You'll find someone will come along and say it's down to your own preference (perhaps not now).

However, I think midnight blue would be :cloud9: but that's just my opinion and I accept no reponsibility for the decision you make :teeth:

You'll find someone will come along and say it's down to your own preference

That's because it's true.

It's quite a rare colour as far as I'm aware. I think it looks great after following one for a bit on Saturday.

Cheers guys, to be honest I think it does look nice, I just had in my head that I wanted a grey one. (after having a black A1 and realising what a pain in the arse it is to keep clean!)

I will look at some more pics and try and make my mind up!

Anyone got some midnight blue pictures to persuade me? ;)

Been looking for a 350z in my price range with the right spec & engine, one seems to have turned up but it is in midnight blue which I didn't originally consider.

Just wondered what peoples opinions of it were? And whether I should go for it even though I was originally looking for a gunmetal one.

Cheers!

When I was looking for my roadster I only had the choice of 2 cars, as thats all what there were in a 100mile radius of my house. One of those was a midnight blue. I have to say whilst it was a very clean car with a GT pack and sat nav, the colour just didnt do a thing for me. My mates dad has a Skoda Fabia in the same colour and thats what it kept reminding me off.

Saying that, I used to have an old Austin Mini in the same colour, but with a white roof and white bonnet stripes and it looked good!

I think in general its not been a very popular colour on the zed, so they are quite rare.

I sold my midnight blue 07 plate last year... Best with frost grey seats.

Best looking car i ever had...wish i had never sold it. Would buy it back if it ever comes up.

Needs a polish every week or if you,re not up to it buy silver.

P.m. me and i will gladly send some pics after detailing.

rog

I think in general its not been a very popular colour on the zed, so they are quite rare.

I find it quite difficult to assess just how popular the colour was as the production run of 313's was so limited. For sure, Rosso Red, Pearl White, Temper Orange and Midnight Blue Zeds are a rare sight on our roads. The other 3 colours available were either identical in the case of black or almost identical to the previous model colours, ie Universal Silver/Blade Silver and Twilight Grey/GM Grey. As an ardent spotter of Zeds I've actually seen more Midnight Blues (3) than Universal Silvers (2) :wacko:

Unless you get a good view of the front bumper/lights they are really difficult to tell apart and of all the Zed colours Silver shows off the bulge bonnet the least.

Also, the dynamics of Zed sales changed completely in 2007, previous to that it was pretty much impossible to buy a new one off the shelf. The 3 main dealers I went to in 2006 were all singing from the same hymn sheet. Chose your colour/spec, give us 2 grand and we'll phone you in 3-4 months when it comes in :thumbdown: . After the bankers crises in 2007 there were brand new Zeds to be had almost on demand, of course, you could still order one to your exact spec, when I enquired for Caroline in early 2008 I was told "a few weeks delivery" but as long as I wasn't too fussed about colour/spec then they could get me one within a week :shrug:

P1015002.jpg

Pete

I have just bought a midnight blue 313 gt and as said already in dull light it looks almost black but when the suns out it looks fantastic with the metallic flake really popping out. I was also originally going to buy a gunmetal grey but I'm glad I went with the blue now. You obviously must like it before your asking our opinions on it so I'd say if the rest of the car is sound then what are you waiting for :)

I've literally just got back from test-driving my midnight blue 313...and can honestly say after seeing it in the flesh, sunny day...I wouldn't want any other colour...the sun picks out all the little pearlescent sparkles..and it looks the dogs... :teeth:

I originally wanted either a black or gunmetal...but I'm so pleased I waited for the night blue to come up..as I think its a tad rarer, and certainly looks the part.

Would agree with mrt though, as its almost black (in certain light) will need a good polish weekly to keep it looking mint! :D

Hannah x

PS: got pics...just trying to get them up on the forum...will probably put them up on my original thread, to save hi-jacking this one :blush:

Your gonna love that car !

Best photograph early evening before the sun drops. Really shows off the blue and highlites the silver handles etc.

Did you get the white/grey seats? They set it off perfectly.

:thumbs:

After this blade silver ragtop i,m back to blue !

enjoy

If you want to see that baby in action take a look at the 5th gear review on youtube.

Its the same spec as your ... blue 57 plate... reproter says " its her favourite car "

Great video.

rog...mrt

If you want to see that baby in action take a look at the 5th gear review on youtube.

Its the same spec as your ... blue 57 plate... reproter says " its her favourite car "

Great video.

rog...mrt

Congratulations you've just made me definitely want it! Haha

Great video.

rog...mrt

Congratulations you've just made me definitely want it! Haha

Filmed at Lake Vyrnwy....we were all there on Saturday (dodging the cyclists) :lol:

Pete