Wow - track day was brilliant!

twobears

Had my first ever track day instruction yesterday and it was one of the best things I've ever done :drive1 I was a bit nervous beforehand in case Colin at CAT said that my driving was appalling and I shouldn't even be in charge of a disability scooter but he was very complimentary and gave me loads of confidence.

The weather was fine at the start of the session and I learnt how to threshold brake from 80 mph amongst other things. The high speed track was excellent and getting up into lane five was such a buzz. I managed 122 mph and wanted to do more but it was time to move to the next experience.

I hated the skid pan because it made me feel ill so I bailed out (not literally) and we went onto the handling circuit which was the best fun ever :teeth: It had started to chuck it down and was thundering and lightning but I pressed on (literally this time!) and had a fantastic time. I absolutely loved every second of driving round that track and didn't want to leave. The Alpine circuit seemed a bit dull after the thrill of what had gone before but Colin said that I did really well and that I was naturally wired to drive a performance car. I am sure he says this to everyone but it made me happy nonetheless and I am already planning my next trip.

I can thoroughly recommend CAT and Colin is a fabulous instructor. He explains the engineering and physics behind what he is teaching you but makes it easy to understand which was great for me since I am useless at stuff like that.

It is a really great experience and as you say, Colin make it very easy to understand and certainly helped to boost my confidence - something I would recommendad anyone to do :thumbs:

Glad you enjoyed it - I have to admit, the handling circuit is great fun and the ZED is so well suited :D

Thanks everyone. No pics or vids I'm afraid as Millbrook is a proving ground for all sorts of new vehicles so they stick security stickers over your mobile phone camera to prevent you from using it. It was a bit ironic in a way because my husband (who very kindly came along with me knowing that he would have to sit in the CAT office all the time that I was out enjoying myself :blush: ) is a director in a company that sees new vehicles at the clay model stage and has input into the design of some of them. I have to admit that I would have loved a photo of my car on the track, especially if it looked as though I knew what I was doing :lol: