Parent & Child spaces

Why not put the parent and child spaces away from the front of the shop? No reason why they should be near the door,the lazy gits wouldn't use the bigger spaces if they weren't so convenient

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Badge was on display Dave, but they see that I am non-disabled and parking in a disabled bay.

Do you not display the badge then Paul :shrug:

I just don't see why someone would comnent if you have a big blue badge on display...

Badge was on display Dave, but they see that I am non-disabled and parking in a disabled bay.

Do you not display the badge then Paul :shrug:

I just don't see why someone would comnent if you have a big blue badge on display...

This has happened to a friend of mine a few times. She was a single mum with a severely disabled daughter and she got abused multiple times by people before they saw her daughter in a wheelchair.

Yeah I guess Its not something you experience until your in the position, but surely by reacting you are lowering yourself more than them? :shrug:

What if the guy you man handled to the floor had a weak heart and thought he deserved a blue badge but didnt have one...

Why not put the parent and child spaces away from the front of the shop? No reason why they should be near the door,the lazy gits wouldn't use the bigger spaces if they weren't so convenient

Good idea, might help with child obesity making them walk a bit more too :thumbs:

Good idea, might help with child obesity making them walk a bit more too :thumbs:

Good point! I would use a parent and child space that was at the far end of the car park. Maybe I could actually find one to use in that case.

He was fit and proper Dave. What you might call a Chav :shrug:

When you have comments made, you grin and bear it, until...... you sort of EXPLODE.... :blush:

Yeah I guess Its not something you experience until your in the position, but surely by reacting you are lowering yourself more than them? :shrug:

What if the guy you man handled to the floor had a weak heart and thought he deserved a blue badge but didnt have one...

He was fit and proper Dave. What you might call a Chav :shrug:

When you have comments made, you grin and bear it, until...... you sort of EXPLODE.... :blush:

Yeah true, I have had my moments too :blush:

When it comes to members of the family.

My ex-wife was Indian and my kids are obviously quite dark so I have reacted to a fair bit of racial stuff in the past :boxing: Very hard to turn the other cheek and do the right and proper thing although that was in my yoof nowadays I am pretty laid back and just laugh at peoples ignorance because that is all it is at the end of the day...

we're only trying for a child so we can park closer to the supermarket :lol:

Actually - Tesco supply you with a badge that proves you can use the space with their consent when the missus is about six minths pregnant or thereabouts. :thumbs: It makes getting in and out of the car with a baby bump a lot easier.

we're only trying for a child so we can park closer to the supermarket :lol:

Actually - Tesco supply you with a badge that proves you can use the space with their consent when the missus is about six minths pregnant or thereabouts. :thumbs: It makes getting in and out of the car with a baby bump a lot easier.

That's very considerate of them! Damn good service there then!

It is very useful - and also avoids unnecessary confrontation if they see you park in a parent and child space, without a child. Came in handy at our Tesco local to work as the P&C spaces are not the closest ones to the store, so we were able to use them. At the main shop in Chesterfield, they are some of the closest to the shop (other than the disabled spaces) and they are always full, and mostly not used by people who could do wth them. We just park elsewhere that has room and hope there still is room when we get back.

Online shopping is the way forward, why the hell would anyone subject themselves to actually going to the shop and mixing with the peasants???

I've not been to the supermarket in about four years :)

we do our weekly shop on line at waitrose, but pop in on the run to the local supermarket for the odd bits.

but i agree, i hate mixing with the commoners; they pi$$ me right off :dry:

I get Sainsbury's to deliver every week but I still have to pop to Waitrose for my goodies :blush: Somehow I don't find Waitrose as stressful as other supermarkets though. I think it may be because it seems less frantic and cluttered?

I get Sainsbury's to deliver every week but I still have to pop to Waitrose for my goodies :blush: Somehow I don't find Waitrose as stressful as other supermarkets though. I think it may be because it seems less frantic and cluttered?

Waitrose = expensive, therefore < peasants.

If its a law not to park there then someone must have authority to enforce it... i mean at supermarkets etc... store manager or any security personnel?

It's not a law.

I may be wrong but I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that in 2009 the law was enforced to issue a fixed penalty notice if someone without a blue badge parks at a disabled spot! before that it was more like courtesy not to park there..

thats true on council owned roads etc,

but supermarket carparks are private property, so has no juristiction. so for the same reason if you get a fine from them for over staying your welcome in them liek some are doing now the most they can do is threaten you with baliffs, but they can;t actually use them as there is no legal basis for it. so you just put the letters in the bin.

if the super market employed a clamping firm and it was well sign posted than non blue badge holders would be clamped then they could possibly do something.

but with the recent changes to private clamping laws i don't think they can do much.