Arch Rolling

TomS

Just bought some new wheels and I may need to get the arches rolled. I remember someone on here had the machine themselves and were renting it out but I can't find the thread anywhere!

If not, does anyone know anywhere in Manchester that can do this? I've had a quick look at ArchEnemy who charge £90 per pair of arches, but you can buy the roller yourself for £120 on eBay if it's worth doing myself?

Archenemy are mates of mine, they will travel to you and Id recommend them. Z33 arches arent the easiest do roll, and the rolling itself is a bit of an art - not saying you cant do them yourself but Id have one of the Archenemy guys come out if it was me. Which it has been ;):D

Archenemy are mates of mine, they will travel to you and Id recommend them. Z33 arches arent the easiest do roll, and the rolling itself is a bit of an art - not saying you cant do them yourself but Id have one of the Archenemy guys come out if it was me. Which it has been ;):D

Take this man's advice :thumbs:

If you get the Cambridgeshire area chap, his name is Chazz (or was if he's still with them). Top bloke! :#1:

Yeah i'm looking for someone up North, round Manchester who can do it for less than the £190 I've been quoted. I'm sure you posted in here RTB, maybe someone didn't like Husky's services being 'advertised'?

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like I definitely need this doing! Went over a slight pothole in the road and heard my rear tyre slam against the wheel arch.

I don't think just rolling the lip inwards will work though as the wheel/tyre is slightly wider than the arch. Has anyone flared the arches on a zed? I don't want anything that looks daft but wondering if I have 235 wide tyres now and want to put 275 on in the future the arches may need to rise a fair bit!

Can't seem to find any photos on rolled arches, not just the lip.

Wheels I'm running are 19x10 ET24 with PCD adaptors making them ET+4 and ET-9.

img0825vr.jpg

looks like your tyres don't fit?

i'd say they stick out too far as well. :blush:

there was a bloke on here a while back who DIY flared his arches, cut each one into sections, bent it out, welded wider arches on and fille dand painted it all up.

Tyres fit fine, just a bit stretched as they're 235. The wheels do stick out a bit from the arches which is why I think just rolling the inner lip won't do anything. The actual arch needs to be higher, or I need to change the ride height as it's currently dropped 30mm.

This shows the wheels from a side on view of the car.

img0826t.jpg

sorry not a stretched tyre fan myself, but if you're happy then all is good.

i've tried to find the build thread for those arches, but not had much luck :shrug:

Don't worry, I'm not a fan of stretched tyres either but the guy I bought them off bought a brand new set for the rears when I bought them off him. WIll be getting some 275's when I can, will have to do for now though!

sorry not a stretched tyre fan myself, but if you're happy then all is good.

i've tried to find the build thread for those arches, but not had much luck :shrug:

It was Docwra who did it. I would look for it, but I can't be arsed :p

Thanks for the name Ian, had a quick look for photos and it looks nuts!

Think I'll email ArchEnemy with some photos to see if they can do it. If it was just the lip I'd do it myself but flaring would just go tits up if I tried it :lol:

I think getting 275's on those will be difficult pal, but with regards to the rolling I've had mine done by arch enemy and with the suspension set up on the Zed you find the further in the Arch the wheel gets it throws a lot more camber on, if that makes sense. So I think a roll flat would be plenty and you might get 255's?

But flares rarely come out well, always a bit ripply and the guy who rolled mine said on certain cars it can put a big dent in the quarters :thumbdown:

Tom

• 1 year later...