Seat swap questions

spursmaddave

A couple of weeks back i picked up some learher seats from Chris 'I so that i could either get mine recovered without losing the car or get his recovered. Just swapped them over with mine to check the electrics work and the airbag light wasnt triggered, a :thumbs: to both there.... but I noticed that the drivers seat is slightly different

1. Mine has an extra plug (bluetooth?)

2. The cables are in different positions (JDM)

3. There is only one knob on Chris old seats but 2 on mine (again JDM?)

Anyone shed any light on the differences?

Chris seat felt a bit more solid to mine, maybe mine have done a lot more mile but now i dont know which set to refurb....

If i refurb mine then Chris wont be worth much really as he has dyed them so they would need recovering, if i refurb Chris seats then mine would be saleable but i know mine are comfortable so im in 2 minds...

Whatever happens if i make money from selling either seats it is going to the forum as Chris gave me the seats :thumbs:

Pics -

Extra plug

a0c0b416.jpg

Extra knob

51ec3552.jpg

Chris had a UK car but it was fairly early.... I wonder if they made a quick change for UK / Euro market or something?

Mine was a pretty early car & that only had one knob. The seats I bought to replace my Brides were from a later model & they had 2 knobs.

Chris had a UK car but it was fairly early.... I wonder if they made a quick change for UK / Euro market or something?

Ah sorry missed you earlier post Stew :blush: and thanks Ian seems like the seats were changed quite early on then maybe... I will most likely swap the drivers seat over tomorrow and try it for a few days, cheers guys :thumbs: