What's your opinion on roadster?

Geordielad87

My roof down more often then up for the Summer (such as it is)

Best looking Roadster out there IMHO

Great sounds from the Berks and Stillen

Chest hair wig compulsory :-)

Each to their own and all that, but are you on crack?

DB

The roadster version of The 350Z was something as an afterthought, unlike The 370Z which was designed to be both a roadster and a coupe. Anyway, they look great with the roof down but just a little awkward with it up. Nice cars to drive with the hood up though, they just feel a little cosier than the coupe. They also seem to hold their price a bit better.

Pete

Very ugly with roof up.... Rather harsh. Personal opinion i guess.

Heavier and more body flex...... Not that obvious for everyday use. Compared to my old saab 93 turbo its solid as a rock, that thing used to twist on the bends :lol:

I really wouldn't have put you down as a Saab driver :lol:

If it wasn't for our generally sh*tty weather - I would have gone for a drop-top....specially after driving Rosie on a gloriously hot sunny day :thumbs:

Very ugly with roof up.... Rather harsh. Personal opinion i guess.

Heavier and more body flex...... Not that obvious for everyday use. Compared to my old saab 93 turbo its solid as a rock, that thing used to twist on the bends :lol:

I really wouldn't have put you down as a Saab driver :lol:

If it wasn't for our generally sh*tty weather - I would have gone for a drop-top....specially after driving Rosie on a gloriously hot sunny day :thumbs:

Always had a soft spot for saabs. Dad used to have one of the saab 99 turbos when i was younger and it was amazing. Accelerated with a huge kick. So i fancied getting one.

Was quick and comfortable but i looked around and saw all the other saab convertibles were being driven my maturing ladies so decided to get something that was a little more fun.

It was then i met this lot lol :lol: its been fun ever since.

Each to their own and all that, but are you on crack?

DB

In their class and against others then in fairness yes - I would very happily take a Aston or A8 off you in exchange - but against a Porche / Audi etc I think it looks better top down

Crack is extra :-)

I always thought the 350z roadster looked awesome with the roof down but a bit like an after thought with it up, but it's grown on me since owning one, I guess you just get used to it. However I can't stand the 370Z roadster, something really wrong with the design of the rear quarter/wheel arches which even over the few years they've been around don't seem to have aged well at all.

I always thought the 350z roadster looked awesome with the roof down but a bit like an after thought with it up, but it's grown on me since owning one, I guess you just get used to it. However I can't stand the 370Z roadster, something really wrong with the design of the rear quarter/wheel arches which even over the few years they've been around don't seem to have aged well at all.

I absolutely loved my 350 roadster and i used to think the 370z roadster looked fat from the rear and in certain colours it looks odd, however after seeing one in the flesh i totally changed my mind and bought one and now i think the 370 looks far better and i love the rear.

photo7.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

i used to think the 370z roadster looked fat from the rear and in certain colours it looks odd, however after seeing one in the flesh i totally changed my mind and bought one and now i think the 370 looks far better and i love the rear.

I don't know, I've seen them in the flesh, but the height difference between the top of the door and the top of the boot just makes it look odd imho.

That's ^^^^^ the first time i've actually seem the 370 roadster, never thought of looking one up and I have to say it's much better looking than the 350... although i'd like to see it from the rear as I don't like the 350's.

That's ^^^^^ the first time i've actually seem the 370 roadster, never thought of looking one up and I have to say it's much better looking than the 350... although i'd like to see it from the rear as I don't like the 350's.

Here you go

Dadscamera005.jpg

Dadscamera016.jpg

Owning a 313 roadster, I have to say I love it. I wasnt too sure about the backside on it initially when I saw them, but the rest of the car is just stunning, and looks ace with the roof down. I went for the roadster as I like to be different. The main other choices I had was a porsche boxster, the bmw z or the z4m. I even was looking at bmw m3 convertibles. For me, the 350z was definitely the more "manly" car, and also by far the rarest. When I got mine, it was one of the only 2 for sale within 100 miles of my house, and since owning the roadster ive only ever seen 3 on the road, and none of those have been the 313 version.

The reviews I read said that Nissan had done such a good job of strengthening the roadster that there was no difference in the handling between the coupe and the roadsters. With regards to this affecting performance, for the 313 model it was something negligible like 0.2 seconds on the 0-60! I guess they saved weight with no roof & big back screen.

As others have said the experience of driving a 350z roadster is great - the engine noise is awesome and apparently Nissan specially tuned the exhaust note and engine characteristics to make the car sound better which is really noticeable with the roof down.

Ive not driven a 350z coupe, but one downer with the roadster is that you really can not see much at all when you reverse, due to the small back window. With roof down, this isnt a problem. Apart from that, smaller boot and the higher insurance cost there isnt much else I can fault.

The feedback I get from Joe Public is generally fantastic. I can pop down to my local shop to buy some milk and come out to find people drooling over my car. Complete strangers telling me how nice my car is, or how they have never seen one. Its quite a good feeling. The other week as I was driving through a town, I was behind a porsche boxster, and a group of kids on the side of the road totally ignored the porsche and nearly fell over when they saw mine, they actually shouted out "nice car mister" to me. :lol:

Oh the old Ragtop-Tintop debate again! :lol:

I loved mine and yes it had a fatter ar** but dont you prefer a girl with some shape !

It is quieter than the coupe and contrary to popular belief stiffer than the tintop - What car does Alex race? ;)

Lots more luggage space too. Agreed they could have done a nicer job with the roof line but with roof up from the back it looks like a 50's Hot Rod :D

Just buy one you wont regret it. ;)

Edit - I also like the 370 ragtop ....took a while but think I prefer it over the tintop... dont even mind the tall headrests - look better in the flesh than on photos

bootlip spoiler makes sooo much difference if you ask me... but i am biased :teeth:

DSC_0333.jpg

Totally agree mate ;)

Thanks for all the replys you have all been a great help :) I do like the look of them and would be great In the 3 days of summer we get :) Does everyone use them as everyday driver in winter etc or just for summer car?

bootlip spoiler makes sooo much difference if you ask me... but i am biased :teeth:

DSC_0333.jpg

Hey SteveM. Where did you get your boot spoiler from ? I need one just like it as i want something subtle. Is it a good fit etc.

Regards, RXS

Hey SteveM. Where did you get your boot spoiler from ? I need one just like it as i want something subtle. Is it a good fit etc.

Regards, RXS

i got it from the spoiler depot in the states (spoilerdepot.com) and had it shipped over and then painted local to me then bonded onto the boot rather than bolted. its a great fit and am very happy with it