newbie/oldie

Hi everyone.

Back on the scene again after buying another Z. I sold my last 57 plate, midnight blue one last July and regretted it immediately. Just found a genuine 2005 soft top with only 14k miles on the clock ! All the relevant M.O.T. certs and the car,s in as new condition. Only fault so far is that the Rays need re spraying as they are flaking a little. Cars been Sorned for two years as the previous owner bought a Porsche. ( fool )

Good to be back.

Thanks everyone.

Great to be back amongst " Real" sports car enthusiasts.Must say the new car is good but i miss the extra horsepower of my 57 plater. Anyone chipped their car ? and if so, what performance improvement was there?

Also another question..... i put new Potenzas on my old car at over £ 1 grand before i sold it ( must be nuts ) and now i,m gonna re shoe this car with Falkens. Has any one any view on the 912s OVER THE 452s ?

Hope to hear from you

Rog.

Thanks everyone.

Great to be back amongst " Real" sports car enthusiasts.Must say the new car is good but i miss the extra horsepower of my 57 plater. Anyone chipped their car ? and if so, what performance improvement was there?

Also another question..... i put new Potenzas on my old car at over £ 1 grand before i sold it ( must be nuts ) and now i,m gonna re shoe this car with Falkens. Has any one any view on the 912s OVER THE 452s ?

Hope to hear from you

Rog.

I was going to ask whether your 57 plate was a 313 and how you felt the 2 cars compared.

I use the 452`s on my car and find they are great, and also great value. I paid just over £500 for the set fitted, so a considerable saving over Potenzas.

Thanks everyone who replied and i am doing some research now on uprev.

The general concensus seems to indicate that the 452 Falkens will be the best choice and Tyre Spot in Darlington have quoted me £ 520 fitted for a full set so that will save over 500 on the Potenzas.Plus half price wheel alignment.

The info available on this sight is just awesome.

One question, off the subject, i received, concerned my view of the performance difference between my 07Z and this latest 05Z. Well i can only say that this one is sluggish in comparison. However, the tax is nearly half the price and i can use more of the rev range. Will almost certainly buy my old car back though when it comes up for sale.

Gonna spend another four hours browsing tonight... jusT wish i was as savvy as some of you crowd about computers.In my youth we used chinese counting beads and Encyclopedia Brittanica !!!

Best regards

Roger