What do you do when boy racers challenge you?

twobears

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly they have a sense of humour in my experience I just smile and normally you just get a smile back. Corsa boys tend to leave it alone tbh.

I get more grief from actual performance cars like scoobies.

Infact TBH the only time I really drive "agressivly" is when someone is trying to que jump by flooring it off at the lights... then i block em in their lane :teeth:

luckily the situation hasnt come up for me yet... there arent really many good places for a race off the lights where i live.

I've noticed that from 4 pages of replies, the consensus is overall ignore them. however, at the risk of throwing the cat in amongst the pidgeons, whats everyones view on overtaking other cars yourself? Is it wrong that i get a kick out of overtaking lesser cars when i can, even when it doesnt really always get me anywhere? I just love the third and fourth gear torque and effortless shove... normally accompanied by a arrogant 'f***ety bye' (a la 'The Thick Of It) as i sail past :blush:

I normally just look across as they rev their little engines, shake my head slowly and mouth to them 'why are you even bothering' as I shrug my shoulders.....

Even had an idiot in a RangeRover sport pull right up my a**e on the A1 today, so I slid alongside a transit van doing just under 70 and turned the cruise control on !! Longest 2 miles he has driven I suspect? LOL

twobears, being a woman you'll see a lot more of this than the average Zed driver. Also, if Caroline's experience is anything to go by you'll get a lot of middle aged men in BMW's, Audi's, Range Rovers, etc, who will try to bully you by pushing in front of you and/or not letting you in the flow of traffic, in short they'll do anything to prove they are superior to you. Its just a man thing sadly.

So true.

Mary told me that when she takes the Zed to work she gets the usual BMW or AUDI drivers coming up behind etc but when they get alongside and see her white shirt with the shoulder pips they always panic :lol: Prison officers uniform is very similar to police officers!

Oh, that's brilliant!

Never bothered me. Usually look very bored and wait for them to blast off. We have a few new laws over here to deal the boy racers, which can include crushing of cars for these little muppets. You can also be done for "sustained loss of traction" and a number of other things.

Stall the engine :thumbs: lol, thankfully I've not done that but the one and only time I've had a muppet (in a VXR incidentally) revving at the lights next to me that's what they did :lol:

twobears, being a woman you'll see a lot more of this than the average Zed driver. Also, if Caroline's experience is anything to go by you'll get a lot of middle aged men in BMW's, Audi's, Range Rovers, etc, who will try to bully you by pushing in front of you and/or not letting you in the flow of traffic, in short they'll do anything to prove they are superior to you. Its just a man thing sadly.

I must be lucky as I've not had any of that! Well, aside from cantankerous BMW drivers that is but everyone gets the arsey treatment from them.

I sadly think most people see me in the Zed and assume that I've just borrowed my fella's car. Probably the Nismo kit doesn't help those assumptions either :shrug:

S.

While they're revving and looking over, give a little prod on your own accelerator, just enough to let them hear it, then, as the lights are still on red, they are still looking at you and then, just as they look up to check the lights, let your car move forward, just a couple of inches, no more, just to make it seem you're going for it...............they'll think that your for the off and the lights have changed, fire off in a blaze of bean tin rattle, through the red light and probably T Bone a bus B)

Works everytime, as you calmly sit there at the red and then move off as they turn green ;)

Depends on what mood im in really. 9/10 i ignore them, then 1/10 i will smoke them.

+1 :thumbs:

Sometimes it just has to be done!

Got to agree most of the time ignore and play with the evos but sometimes

the I just borrowed mums car brigade need toasting. We were all there once though. :lol: