Insurance quote - you must be joking!

nixy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to get Adrian Flux to give me a sub-900 quote for my renewal...which i was happy about as I have a couple minor indiscretions and one considered by the insurances as a major indiscretion... :blush:

The thing is ... I am just thinking about the idea of insuring my car in another EU country (e.g.Spain, or other cheap country) and declare it as used abroad regularly (i.e. nearly 100% of the time...) , and seeing if I can get a lot cheaper insurance... I heard this could be done...

I am doing this because I HATE uk insurers...

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect this topic, but have you tried Liverpool & Victoria, Me and the wife, fully comp, protected bonus, legal cover 8k mile limit (have a second car this is just a weekend toy) £326, which is a £100 cheaper than my other car.

In an earlier post on this thread I reported that I had been unable to get a quote on my import from Admiral (I was with them for a few years before), so I went with Highway for £365.

This year, Highway wanted over £400, so I got a few quotes, and ended up back with Admiral for £285, fully comp, business use, fully protected NCB etc. :thumbs:

damn i wish i was old!!:p

Best quote so far is £3740 for a 06 uk GT!!! ouch!

(21, no NCB, 9 points :blush: )

:scare: 9 points and 21 :surrender:

Agreed, you're lucky they'll touch you with a Zed.

Best I've had so far is from Admiral @ £750 - 24, 2yr NCB, no points, w/ 20k business miles. Not bad.

Best I've had so far is from Admiral @ £750 - 24, 2yr NCB, no points, w/ 20k business miles. Not bad.

Yeh i know my driving history isnt the best :blush: and tbh most companies wouldnt touch me, even Flux wanted nearly 5k!! this was with a company i never heard of called Endsleigh, found them through moneysupermarket. was looking at an rx-8 but when i found i could get insured on a Z for only £300 more i changed my mind :yahoo:

Yeh i know my driving history isnt the best :blush: and tbh most companies wouldnt touch me, even Flux wanted nearly 5k!! this was with a company i never heard of called Endsleigh, found them through moneysupermarket. was looking at an rx-8 but when i found i could get insured on a Z for only £300 more i changed my mind :yahoo:

Have you tried bell.co.uk?

Bell, Admiral & elephant are the only companies that will give me a reasonable quote on a Z. Flux wanted 3k from me & they were the only other company that would insure me