Snow foam... more of a runny milkshake :/

Karlp

Hey guys,

Been using my snow foam lance and nifisk for a few months now but cant seem to get the right consistency with the snow foam, it seems to be coming out as more of a milkshake than a foam and hardly sticking to the car, it just keeps running off and leaves a very thin layer on the car?

Im putting about 1 - 2 inches of snow foam solution in the bottle than filling it with water, Im using some i4detailing snow foam.

Do I need another snow foam solution or has anyone else had problems with nilfisk and snow foam lances?

I use Autobrites Magifoam with a bog standard cheap Karcher k2 and Autobrite snow foam lance. It seems to foam up fine and sticks well. I put 2" in the bottle. I think the pressure of your pressure washer has a lot to do with how well the snow foam actually foams and sticks, mine doesn't foam as well as I would like but it works ok.

Sounds like you've got the mixture knob set incorrectly on the lance. I had the same problem until I realised that the + and - was for how much water you wanted, not how much snow foam :bang:

Plus 1......pain in the ass getting it right.

Do you wash the lance head after using it ? As they often get gunged up. If not try soaking it in warm water and detergent over night. :thumbs:

You only need an inch of concentrate in the bottle. One of the plunger type dispensers is great as it's just 4 pump to a bottle.

Do you wash the lance head after using it ? As they often get gunged up. If not try soaking it in warm water and detergent over night. :thumbs:

You only need an inch of concentrate in the bottle. One of the plunger type dispensers is great as it's just 4 pump to a bottle.

I would say this or mixture knob.

What Nilfisk are you using? I have a C110 and it makes lovely shaving foam like foam B)

On advice from Tim @ Envy Valeting, I mix the snow foam detergent with cold water.

Got a Karcher K2 myself and my mate had the same issue as you whilst having a Karcher also.

He cleaned the lance nozzle out and it made foam again.

Personally I have the adjuster knob on minimum water mix.

how much of a differance does using a snow foam lance over traditional sponge and bucket actually is there? ive been considering all this for a while now and not sure, especially where i have my car parked its a pita to setup if the results scratch wise arent all that different :)

how much of a differance does using a snow foam lance over traditional sponge and bucket actually is there? ive been considering all this for a while now and not sure, especially where i have my car parked its a pita to setup if the results scratch wise arent all that different :)

Sponge? SPONGE?!?!?!?

Please desist from using a sponge and switch to a washmitt, that will be the first step to avoiding scratches.

Sponges tend to push dirt particles into the paintwork, thus causing scratches, a washmitt picks those particles up avoiding scratches.

Snowfoam helps pull down the initial layer of dirt and debis, thus reducing the amount of particles that could potentially cause scratching.