Air Intakes

taffyjason

yep coldel and these are only noticed on the dyno as in a dyno it struggles to simulate real life airflow the cars see on the motorways etc so the cai kits show heat soak when in reality on the roads they dont :thumbs:

Yep OEM plus velocity stack gives best bhp, although I suspect we are talking small numbers. I happily gave those couple of horses for a Stillen intake howl (the Stillen also has a velocity stack)

Have you got this one Col ?

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/350z-stil ... ntake.aspx

Not heard one in the flesh, I would think performance wise 'Apart from Flyboy n Biscuits design' I would have thought the Stillen with Velocity stack would be one of the best.

Personally I loved the JWT for noise and I noticed no difference in performance..

Anybody tried the Stillen Gen 3 long intake? Looking into getting that one.

I have one on the 370z, good bit of kit. Netted me a few HP, cant say for sure as I had my Stillen exhaust fitted first which gave bigger gains. Their trick with the MAF obviously worked though as when I had it UpRev'd I didnt make any real extra power. Pics in my "Garage" in sig. I read the development threads on the US forums and they put a lot of effort into it, trying out some 50ish different configs of lengh and diameter.

Since the last threat about this turned into an all out war, without anything being mentioned about the topic, i thought i'd start a new one, as i would like advice as to the best set up.

Whats your thoughts on this people?

Yep you've started a new war, didn't last long.

Anybody tried the Stillen Gen 3 long intake? Looking into getting that one.

I have the Stillen Gen 3 long intake fitted in mine, sounds great along with the custom exhaust. Have also just taken delivery of a set of Berk HFCs, and now awaiting RS Tuning on coming back to me for a retune. Once it's done will post the graphs, although please bear with us it may take some time to find a suitable time to head down to Leeds.

I think it is generally accepted that the first mod will show most gains and after that it is the law of diminishing returns, so it all depends on what you have got already, Gen 3's do look and sound nice.