Acceptability?

Builder49

Took my 21 year old son out for a drive in the Zed yesterday afternoon, he absolutely loved it and openly admitted he was jealose !

Now informs me he has been looking at 350's for a while and really wanted one, but in his words, 'THERES NO WAY I CAN HAVE THE SAME CAR AS MY DAD!!'

Whats the general feeling on this?

I said, 'Don't be daft, get what you want'. But he is now saying 'No way'.

Is it acceptable or not to have the same car as your Father? :lol:

PS, It's his loss if he doesn't, because they are fantastic.

I know both my lads hate and respect me at the same time as regards my 'wheels', escpecially when they get to have a ride :lol:

And they still ask for my advice when it comes to their own car purchases/fixes, so can't be doing too bad at my ripe old age. :blush:

Definitely his loss!

Although saying that, my dad has a really nice original impreza turbo which i loved when i was a little younger. However it is nice that ive now outdone him and got something with 60 more horsepower :teeth:

You've set the bar mighty high for him to better though - anything thats faster is going to either be a lot older, or a lot more expensive!

This is a tricky one. I would definitely have the same car as my dad, but although he's 56, he still thinks he's in his 20's, therefore has pretty good modern taste in cars and various other things. It's all down to the dad at the end of the day.