Am I falling out of love ....

Roo

With my zed :shrug:

After brake/hub fiasco and now back in the bodyshop i must admit im starting to wonder what im doing. So far this year once all the bits turn up im going to be 2k down and i have hardly had her off the drive. Im working out year on year spend is in the 2k area so - maybe i should ditch for a classic?

Really doubting myself..

so Ive ordered some carbon to see if that cheers me up. :console:

Anyone else question their sanity sometimes!!

I had this with my 350z towards the end. You wont like the fix - its a bit expensive - the 370z :blush::lol: Over the moon with it and feeling is definately back :#1:

Ill suggest it to the missus and send you her response :scare:

I had this with my 350z towards the end. You wont like the fix - its a bit expensive - the 370z :blush::lol: Over the moon with it and feeling is definately back :#1:

Ill suggest it to the missus and send you her response :scare:

It was my missus that said to go for it with the '70. You might get a nice supprise ;)

I think to get the feeling back you need to go for a really good drive on your fav roads on a nice day. That usually does the trick. Or a Wales run :drive1

It will pass, I had exactly the same feeling about 6 months into owning mine, the gears started to crunch, the clutch got heavy and started to hurt my left knee in traffic.... again it wasn't cheap as I needed a new clutch & flywheel but once I got those I was over the moon again :yahoo:

If spending 2k on the car is making you fall out of love how is spending considerably more on a 370z going to help :shrug:

Once you get back behind the wheel properly you will fall back in love with the car I am sure, I know I did :drive1

For me my Zed isn't about what wheels I have, what body kit or how blingy my engine bay looks it's about how I feel when I am driving it, that's why I have spent so much time and money on my I.C.E. and my interior because I spend far more time driving it than I do detailing it and taking pictures :thumbs:

Easy fix.

Clean, Clay, Polish, Wax, Hoover etc..... Admire :love:

Now this is the important part....

Find a nice hill with great views and park up looking at your Zed poised and looking graceful as you look at the view and sun shining and reflecting off the bodywork.

Now that you're nearly back to loving her again.....

Take her out for a nice drive through country roads. Find a tunnel drop both windows and floor it!

I see a smile coming on......

Now drive through town at 5mph with your shades on and watch all the small kids point and shout WOW at your pride and joy, because she is really :yahoo:

If that doesn't work sell her as there's seriosuly a loss in bond and time to move on. But I doubt you'll do that because you're back madly in love with her and so glad you never made that dreadful decision.

Easy fix.

Find a nice hill with great views and park up looking at your Zed poised and looking graceful as you look at the view and sun shining and reflecting off the bodywork.

Take her out for a nice drive through country roads. Find a tunnel drop both windows and floor it!

Now drive through town at 5mph with your shades on and watch all the small kids point and shout WOW at your pride and joy, because she is really :yahoo:

If that doesn't work sell her as there's seriosuly a loss in bond and time to move on. But I doubt you'll do that because you're back madly in love with her and so glad you never made that dreadful decision.

I hear this also the correct path to take with females of the species... B)

I must say, i bought my Z in October last year and was undecided about it. The weather between October to now had been pants and i had only done relatively short runs in it. I was in love with its looks but on the fence regarding its performance. During this week i had a full service and when i got it back i gave it the clean and detailing session of its life. Me and my better half then took it out today and did 230 miles from Warwickshire along the M1, dropped onto the A50 and A6 into Derbyshire, through to Matlock, Bakewell, Buxton, along the Cat and Fiddle to Macclesfield, back along the A523 to Leek, back into Derbyshire and then headed down the A50 into Leicestershire and back down the M1 to Warwickshire. The sun was shining and the roof was down for the majority of the drive. We took in all manner of roads and i can only say, the Z now makes perfect sense to me and the more i drove it, the better it felt. I was even so happy i let the Mrs drive it. She loved it too.

Keep it, Treat it to something new, Drive it and fall in love again :cloud9:

At least once a month I make a point of doing this. Good way of keeping the love I found!

Get up at 5-6am ish on a Sunday morning (trust me its worth it!!) and go for a drive round a planned route. Don the thin soled trainers and let rip for a hour or two. :drive1

Easy fix.

I hear this also the correct path to take with females of the species... B)

Word of advice......... Don't try hooveringing or waxing a female....Had my fair share of wives, they tend not to like it!!!! :doh: