2005 roadster

Bikeracer1098

Welcome.

Check for rips and leaks. Check the corners arnt being pulled too tight as ive seen quite a few that have started to separate. Look inside too into the corners for evidence of this.

Look for rips low down on the hood just back from the windows as these are common and often missed when you first look.

Take her for a drive roof up and windows up and listen for wind noise. On either side of the roof lining there are wires which keep the roof tight to the window. These minimse wind noise. If one of those goes it gets noisy and there is no repair option, its a new roof and that isnt going to be cheap.

You really really dont want to have any roof issues

I've got an 05 Roadster with 30k ish miles and wouldn't part for less than £10k, from looking on autortrader if you're not looking at an import I think you'd be lucky to find one for any less than that.

Cheapest one on aurotrader within 100 miles of me (east sussex) is £9k and that isn't a GT model.

I've got an 05 Roadster with 30k ish miles and wouldn't part for less than £10k, from looking on autortrader if you're not looking at an import I think you'd be lucky to find one for any less than that.

Cheapest one on aurotrader within 100 miles of me (east sussex) is £9k and that isn't a GT model.

I think thats rather optimistic. Zed prices are dropping and theres some gems out there for very good money.

Wow be prepared to be VERY upset when you do come to p/x :surrender:

Wow be prepared to be VERY upset when you do come to p/x :surrender:

+1 welcome to my world 2 weeks ago :scare:

Welcome.

Check for rips and leaks. Check the corners arnt being pulled too tight as ive seen quite a few that have started to separate. Look inside too into the corners for evidence of this.

Look for rips low down on the hood just back from the windows as these are common and often missed when you first look.

Take her for a drive roof up and windows up and listen for wind noise. On either side of the roof lining there are wires which keep the roof tight to the window. These minimse wind noise. If one of those goes it gets noisy and there is no repair option, its a new roof and that isnt going to be cheap.

You really really dont want to have any roof issues

Regarding the roof lining wires I had this problem where one snapped, I managed to come up with a fix to the problem that is considerably cheaper than a new roof. Haven't found anyone else with this problem but happy to share how to fix if it would help others. I spent many frustrating hours to get the solution.