Aircon seems to be bust.

ZedHead

Quick question to all those in the know.

Does it stand to reason that if your revs don't change with A/C on or off the compressor is shot or will the compressor not work if the system needs regassed?

Really hoping I don't have to shell out for a compressor.

Alex (Zmanalex) you might need to have one on standby.

Cheers Guys

I don't think my revs changed at all with aircon on or off.

Does it get cold when you put it on cold? If not then its bust

...... also do you get a puddle under the car when you park after having the aircon on?

:shrug:

Belt definitely there as far as I can see. It's the belt right under the air intake isn't it?

Hard to see if there isn't a puddle under the car at this time of year in the Hebrides. Maybe I'll run it in the garage for a while (don't worry, with garage door open)

David,

Zmanalex on standby with plenty of air con. compressors in stock if required mate :thumbs:

The revs will drop slightly when you switch on the air con.

There are two belts on the front of the engine, the shorter inner one is for the air con.

If all looks good and you are not getting the air con to work then I would try a recharge first.

If it does not hold pressure then get the garage to run a dye through the system to determine where the leak is.

I will have all parts in stock to fix this for you if required including air con hard lines. :thumbs:

Alex :)

Just a thought but could it be a faulty on/off switch? Second suggestion is that if it's very cold where you are, have you turned the climate control dial to a low enough setting to actually activate the compressor? Sometimes can be the simple things that fail...

Hope this helps

Don't bother DIY the gassing yourself buddy. It's just not worth it. A refill kit costs the same as getting it done at halfords. Their machine will also tell you before it re-gasses whether there are any leaks. If so, get these rectified. Other points to note:

1) If you don't have any gas in the compressor, the aircon unit will NOT come on.

2) Check the belt is still there and has not come off or shredded.

3) The engine note should sound different as soon as you switch your aircon on as a test. The louder your exhaust, the more noticeable the sound.

If all the above checks out then Alex is your man for a replacement unit.

Hope this helps.