put my mind at ease

rising son

ok so picked up our 05 plate 350 from arnold clark yesterday, now when sitting on idle (idle isnt rough) im occasionally getting a "clunk" from the engine bay, pretty loud... ive also noticed i can simmulate the noise again when sitting stationary and dipping the clutch, on letting the pedal buck up im getting the same"clunk" best way to describe the noise would be a dull metallic bang "clunk" , p.s ive used the search facility and learned a few facts... but nothing in stone to regards to what im saying, thanks in advance for any insight

Most 350z clutches make noise. Mines clunks also. TO do with the dual mass flywheel i think. I wasn't happy about mine so took it back and they allowed me to check various others and they all did it, including a rattle noise. :thumbs:

neil, both by dipping and just sitting on idle?... my first thought was the flywheel, its like i can be sitting parked up with the engine running, and maybe every 5-15 seconds u get the noise... clutch feels fine , infact everything feels fine... normal then you think? also do you get clunky noises all around the car when going over rough surfaces?

neil, both by dipping and just sitting on idle?... my first thought was the flywheel, its like i can be sitting parked up with the engine running, and maybe every 5-15 seconds u get the noise... clutch feels fine , infact everything feels fine... normal then you think? also do you get clunky noises all around the car when going over rough surfaces?

im just trying to rule out everything because the garage i got the car from is pretty good and didnt think they would put a car out with issues

right so to sum up, do we think its a problem? or not?, ive had the car 1 day guys... im not clued up on em... zmanalex what do you mean?

He reckons its the fly wheel........and he'll be more than happy to flog you one :lol:

To summarise - take it back to Arnold Clarke and try to speak to someone who possesses a superior intelligence to pond life.

Alex thinks the same as me. My car has done this since I got her with 15k on clock. Nothing to worry about.

Sitting in a long queue of Zeds at Portmadoc on The Wales run, mine did this 4 or 5 times on tickover , never done it before or since. I looked it up here when I got home to find it was pretty common, even on low mileage Zeds.

Pete