Old Freelanders

Ricey

Hmmmmmm I thought as much...........I'm probably buying myself into a world of pain because I'm going ultimate dirt cheap end of the market so they're all probably fooked!

Thats the great thing about 2 cars......one breaks you just leave it where its ass broke down!

Hmmmmmm I thought as much...........I'm probably buying myself into a world of pain because I'm going ultimate dirt cheap end of the market so they're all probably fooked!

Thats the great thing about 2 cars......one breaks you just leave it where its ass broke down!

Ricey they are a dirty,dirty vehicle TBH :thumbdown:

What sort of money were you looking to spend on a 4WD?

I had one for two years. Had an electrical issue that killed it for a while but I got it back on the road. It was a 1998 and it has the original head gasket. My mate has been running it for the last year with no issues.

Some work well, most don't!

Tread carefully though.

Free would be good :thumbs:

Under 1500 squid to be honest (I know I know - that 'trouble' territory )

Why not do 'proper 4x4' and get a disco or something. As much trouble as a freelander but much more rugged!

The vitara is actually pretty good off road, they have a hairdresser image but with the right tyres (ATs would be spot on) they are good. Short overhangs and a decent 4wd system.

Do you actually want to go off road or just have a 4x4?

Freelander.......... dont do it Ricey :scare:

I know two peeps, who had nothing but double with theirs :thumbdown: If you want 4x4 get a proper a one = Defender or the like.

If you want a "soft" 4x4 then I know there is a pink Vitara Rhino for sale somewhere down this way :lol:

Free would be good :thumbs:

Under 1500 squid to be honest (I know I know - that 'trouble' territory )

As said below the "Joy Machine" would be a better and more fun choice IMO. I ran one for a bit and really liked it and it was good on fuel too!

BTW when and if you decide upon a vehicle, sorry this is going to sound very obvious, but in my experience you would be amazed how often this happens. When you see the car, stick your head under and check its actually got 4 drive shafts! You would not believe how often we get folks coming in with 2WD XTrails, RAV4's etc., that are appraised as 4WD just because they look like 4WD cars, and half the owners are none the wiser either :scare:

This is Mr Rice, what do you think? :lol:

I have a steep drive and a very agressive lawn? :p

I've always loved the Pajero's but the insurance is fricking loopy........got a quote for a Mitsi Pinin (not a Pajero granted) worth £700.......insurance £1200!!!!!!!!

Thats £700 more than the Z4 or £600 than the modded 350!

This is Mr Rice, what do you think? :lol:

I have a steep drive and a very agressive lawn? :p

I've always loved the Pajero's but the insurance is fricking loopy........got a quote for a Mitsi Pinin (not a Pajero granted) worth £700.......insurance £1200!!!!!!!!

Thats £700 more than the Z4 or £600 than the modded 350!

Strangely enough, I've just shopped around for insurance on my 2.8 LWB diesel Exceed. Just under £205 fully comp and protected NCB. Mileage limitted to 4000/year.

Strangely enough, I've just shopped around for insurance on my 2.8 LWB diesel Exceed. Just under £205 fully comp and protected NCB. Mileage limitted to 4000/year.

Hmmmmm Maybe Livingstone Warman are just not that competitive in that area.

It was only £350 for a Suzuki thingamie and £340 for a Freelander.

I'll have a mooch around.

I think the lumpy engine has made it a bit scary for some folks, but how bad can it be on fuel, in relation to the cost of diesel? Still cheap overall motoring, even if you got a year out of it how much less would it be worth :shrug: