Car Jack

coldel

..want to go buy a car jack that will go under the Zed, my Zed isn't lowered, standard ride height. I want to actually go buy a jack rather than order online and wait - any suggestions? B&Q, Halfords all sell normal ones but no low level ones, do I need a low level one? I would have thought so?

I've got a bog standard 2-tonne trolley jack that i bought from an independant halfords-type store. Think i paid £14.00 for it brand new about 7 years ago.

It fit underneath my previous zed that had standard skirts, but it wont go under my current zed with the Nismo kit, without driving onto some planks of wood first.

I use a bog standard trolley jack without any issue.

:thumbs:

+1. I bought a cheap trolley jack from a local car parts place years ago. Came with 2 axle stands. I use that on my zed without any problems. On my old car (Golf TDI which id lowered -50mm or so), i had to lift he car up by hand a bit in order to clear the side sills.

If I remember rightly I think i paid something around a tenner for the jack.

The last time I looked in Costco they'd stopped doing the lightweight one, still low entry but it weighs feckin loads, Darren also confirmed this last week :)

If you haven't got a Costco near you I can have a look at the Lakeside one if your not in a rush

Might go over to B&Q/Halfords and see if they will let me try it under the car before committing!

Try before you buy.......

reminds me of a good ol Woolworths Pick n Mix.

Thats why they went under..... :lol:

I may have contributed to that then :blush:

I've got the Costco arcan one (v heavy version though) and has gone under all my low cars fine. Lifts quick as well. If the cars really low drive up a couple of bits if wood first

That one is ment to be a good one. The aluminium one Ive heard is supposed to be borderline dangerous :scare:

Ac jacks if you can get them from the states but sealey and ranger do some pretty pimp ones too.

• 1 month later...

Had my low profile Liftmaster trolley jack turn up this morning, that hasn't gone well :angry:

Do you guys jack the car up from the front or side when using a trolley jack? Can't get to the jacking point so I used the Zeds scissor jack on one side to help it a little bit to only find out that when the trolley jack does fit under the car and be where it should be, I can't jack it up as the handle needs to go up and down but going up hits the front bumper.

Should I just buy some bits of wood or car ramps to help get the car up? Ramps would be fine for sorting the O2 sensors but I wanted to get all the wheels off at the same time!

Had my low profile Liftmaster trolley jack turn up this morning, that hasn't gone well :angry:

Do you guys jack the car up from the front or side when using a trolley jack? Can't get to the jacking point so I used the Zeds scissor jack on one side to help it a little bit to only find out that when the trolley jack does fit under the car and be where it should be, I can't jack it up as the handle needs to go up and down but going up hits the front bumper.

Should I just buy some bits of wood or car ramps to help get the car up? Ramps would be fine for sorting the O2 sensors but I wanted to get all the wheels off at the same time!

Yeah, drive up on something first. I use four bits of 4x4 timber with slopes cut on the end, drive up on all four. Then jack the back up on the rear diff (the knob that sticks out) and the front between the two pastic covers on the front cros-smember, I find the front one easiest to access from the side just behind the front wheel.

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg

:)