Celtic Val....it begins : )

Celtic Val

Nice to meet you yesterday, and good for me to get down to see Chris and Bob again!

How long did it take to finish fitting them, bleed and bed in? Did you notice the improvement? :)

Evan

Hi Evan :wave:

Thanks for your help in Halfords :thumbs:

I left about 8ish...2 little 'bleeders' sheared off :scare: Chris took her out but was not happy to let me drive so he fought some more with the 2 rear inner bleeders, couldn't undo them so the brakes were still a bit spongey, I took it really easy on the way back..got home by 12.10am :yawn::drive1 a bit different to 2 hours 15 minutes getting to the Z shed :lol:

Nice one, so you got some sun while the lads worked? Classic

Not quite.... ;) I cleaned up the Brembo's, come on Keyser put up the photographic evidence! Help a girl out :lol:

Ye up with the tan photo! Lol

How are you fixing the bleeders? Cant drive with it not bled.

Not quite.... ;) I cleaned up the Brembo's, come on Keyser put up the photographic evidence! Help a girl out :lol:

OK Val, I'll help out :lol:

As you can tell Val came by the ZedShed for some "action"

She wasted no time getting down and dirty :scare:

DSCF1504.jpg

DSCF1505.jpg

fair play she did a great job :thumbs:

DSCF1506.jpg

A quick pit stop

DSCF1507.jpg

Then onto the fitting

DSCF1508.jpg

DSCF1509.jpg

The downside - :(

Unfortunately all 4 bleed nipples in the rear callipers had seized solid so with a bit of careful drilling and with the aid of a stud remover we managed to replace both outside bleed nipples with the ones from the original front brakes.

DSCF1517.jpg

DSCF1518.jpg

This did mean that we couldn't do a complete bleed leaving the pedal slightly spongy! I had no more nipples and even with the pedal as it was it was quite capable of locking the wheels just with a slightly longer press than it should have.

Val promised to take it easy on the way home and is getting the last 2 nipples seen to and the brakes bled again on Monday.

They did look good though :thumbs:

DSCF1516.jpg

I would have made her stay but it was getting late and the dogs had to be fed!!

DSCF1515.jpg

Great to see you again Val, Had a good day shame we didn't get it 100% finished. Bob has put one LOUD HU in that car :lol:

See you again soon and don't forget to get the Zed booked in to finish the brakes!!!!!!!

Keyser