350z as a daily commuter/used for work purposes..?

FUG

I dont mean to make you jealous but it does sound alot better than that damn "Deranged Rover" :lol:

I had been looking for about a year before I bought mine and I went to Peterborough to get it, so about 200 miles round trip.

I am getting about 23mpg at the moment but this is partly due to me loving the noisy peddle, the quite roads at 6:30 and the amount of roundabouts, this does drop though if I get too excited.

Even though it will mean I haven't got the only one on the road, I say do it you definatly wont regret it as the pleasure it brings out ways the worry of fuel costs.

Oh bloody hell that deranged rover looks awful, I hear it driving up and down the road all the time - not exactly good for the planet! :lol:

Ha yeah I bet, I've been out in a few but yet to drive one cus I'm only 23 and not insured 3rd party, but have loved being a passanger so far nonetheless - how have you found the rear wheel drive going from your Astra to the Zed?? Any bum twitching moments on all those roundabouts?!

Lol yeah there is that, don't mean to steal your thunder but the car is so god damn nice i need to trade the MG in for something a bit faster (and prettier, more reliable, decent etc etc etc ..)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use my zed as my company car and do about 30,000 miles per year in her, I wouldn't change it for anything. :D

Costs a bit in petrol, but not bad I get between 24 and 28mpg.

Done about 80,000 miles to date, on sixth set of rear tyres :wacko: And don't mention the company car tax :thumbdown:

Long journeys are not a problem even when I do over 600 miles per day, I've always found her comfortable, and the best thing people gat out of your way on the motorway. :)

You wont regret it :thumbs:

I use my zed as my company car and do about 30,000 miles per year in her, I wouldn't change it for anything. :D

Costs a bit in petrol, but not bad I get between 24 and 28mpg.

Done about 80,000 miles to date, on sixth set of rear tyres :wacko: And don't mention the company car tax :thumbdown:

Long journeys are not a problem even when I do over 600 miles per day, I've always found her comfortable, and the best thing people gat out of your way on the motorway. :)

You wont regret it :thumbs:

Ah so your the guy with "Trotter's Independent Traders" written on the side?

Serious mileage though. Something that's not often considered by prospective buyers is just what comfortable ride the Z is (for a sports car).

Typical ..now I'm dead set on buying one I can not seem to find any to my specification and within 100 miles of me!! May have to travel a bit further afield :surrender:

Yep, you may well have to travel to get one. When I was looking for my roadster, there were only 3 for sale within 100miles of my location and one of those was sold before I could look at it. Ended up travelling about 70miles to get mine and was very lucky to snap it up straight away literally minutes before someone else was going to buy it.

ok so every day I drive past the Shell garage to work and I notice petrol is going up in price evry couple of days, what is going on with the world!!!!! :rant: bring back the good old days of 80p a litre!!

• 3 weeks later...

ok so every day I drive past the Shell garage to work and I notice petrol is going up in price evry couple of days, what is going on with the world!!!!! :rant: bring back the good old days of 80p a litre!!

It cost me about £4 to cut my lawn on Sunday based upon the cost of filling the petrol can up down the local garage. At least I dont have to run the mower on super unleaded!

Purchased a Zed yesterday and pick it up next weekend :teeth: pics to follow!!

Congratulations on the purchase, did you buy the one with the Milltek exhaust… :thumbs:

I did indeed! Very nice looking and sounding exhaust, been on the car 18 months and still looks in mint condition :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the zed has been a dream commuter so far...dunno what all my worrying and fuss was for now! Cruise control so relaxing and getting a good 30pmg + on my long journeys for work (which i get reimbursed to) least i can enjoy the drive now! thanks for all the comment everyone

the zed has been a dream commuter so far...dunno what all my worrying and fuss was for now! Cruise control so relaxing and getting a good 30pmg + on my long journeys for work (which i get reimbursed to) least i can enjoy the drive now! thanks for all the comment everyone

Glad its all worked out great for you :thumbs:

bullet magnet do you fill up at the Shell garage just before the orwell bridge by any chance? The shop girl commented on my new motor and mentioned someone who also had one in silver, works at the docks who fills up there with V power, slightly souped up zed?? could it be you!??!

The 350z is a great car but for a daily commute I would say no. If you need boot space it is a non starter really.

my commute is only 10 miles of country roads and boot space not really required, can still get my golf clubs in there on the weekend so thats the main thing! ive been pleasantly suprised tbh on the fuel economy too :wacko:

I don't use mine for a commute at all but for chomping down the motorway miles i find it perfectly acceptable.

Had to make a trip through to Glasgow last night (40 miles along the M8). As soon as i got upto 60mph, cruise control on, mpg reset & by the time i popped of the slip road at the other end the mpg was reading 39.9 and i wasn't particularly trying to be economical (other than choosing to meander along at 60mph, i drove like i would have at a regular pace)

530308_3781135166469_2123372799_n.jpg

hopefully that's viewable ^

I never expected (nor require) the Zed to be economical but it always manages to keep north of the 30mpg mark on the motorways!

Just depends how you like to drive :drive1

bullet magnet do you fill up at the Shell garage just before the orwell bridge by any chance? The shop girl commented on my new motor and mentioned someone who also had one in silver, works at the docks who fills up there with V power, slightly souped up zed?? could it be you!??!

Yes, thats me :D